Preparation

Chapter 20

Preparation

“Eat it!” He demanded, pushing the plate of food towards me again.

“No!” I defiantly answered.

Yet again, Callum had made a full breakfast buffet especially for me and expected me to eat everything. He was currently pushing a second helping in front of me.

“You need to gain more weight, my mom said so.” He insisted.

I picked the plate up and threw it into the sink.

“If I eat another bite, I’ll puke!” I yelled at him.

Every time Evan went on patrol, Callum would take the role as my protector. He would never cease in annoying me with instructions and demands that he thought best.

There was laughter coming from the entrance to the kitchen. I realized that it was his mother, Lisa.

“You two fight like a married couple.” She laughed.

She came to me and laid her hand on my belly. It had grown these past months and with only two more left, I was obligated to make my decision soon. It wouldn’t be a hard choice, I couldn’t bear to lose one of the babies that I had felt grow within me. The only hard part would be how to be with Callum if my mate was out for blood every time he saw him too close to me. Other preparations were already being made such as buying the swing and bassinet for the baby. Lisa was also trying to prepare me for labor and birth by teaching me breathing exercises to keep me calm through the pain. I was starting to feel anxious about the pain of childbirth but Lisa insisted that I would get through it just as she did…and my mother as well.

“Let’s take a walk around the house.” Callum offered his hand to me.

I had been taking these walks to keep my hips in motion and not get stiff from all the resting I had been doing from the fatigue that ailed me. But I usually took these walks with Evan.

I took his hand as he helped me get up without a fight, not wanting to argue in front of his mother. I adjusted the peach-colored maternity dress that I was wearing and followed Callum out of the door. He held me around my waist since I was unsteady from the size of my ever growing stomach.

“You know we are going to have to talk about it.” He hinted at the one thing I absolutely didn’t want to talk about.