Chapter 29 - Trails

Dedicated to Nobody_Cares_For_Me 

---

Chapter 29 - Trails

---

“Shift, get down!” 

Raph didn’t get a chance to see if Shift had managed to dodge the mind blast from the purple colour concealed on the upper floor, already under assault from that purple colour’s green friend. 

He ducked under the swipe, complete with colour-morphed claws that missed his skin by inches. The green colour’s eyes flashed in annoyance under her black face mask as she drew back both hands slightly in preparation for a lunge. Knowing he couldn’t lean out of that one, Raph dove off to the side, forcing the green colour to chase him. 

About... now.

Raph lashed out with his red colour-formed staff, catching the green around the ankles and tripping her up as she ran towards him. As she fell to the ground, Raph pounced. With his weight pressed into her back he dragged her hands, still equipped with claws, together into the binders. 

She struggled, of course. They always did. But once he managed to down the females that relied on some form of melee for their colour, they usually stayed down and this one was no different. Most of them just didn’t have the strength to meet his own.

“Bastards.” She attempted to spit on him but it missed and landed on the concrete about a metre away. “You can’t stop us all, you know. We’re going to win against you cowards eventually.”

“Yep, sure,” said Raph as he finished locking the binders and set them to ground their prisoner. “Let me know how that works out for you.”

“You all think you’re so clever,” she said. “Prancing around in your little colour suits, protected by the Elites when it’s too much, bah. You’re all useless! If I had--“

Raph didn’t hear the rest of her rant as he ran off to rejoin the fight. 

Zoe was tied up with some other orange colour who was taking control of various looking electronics around the museum displays and setting them on what Raph could only guess was death mode. It would have been funny, a little box of plastic and glass charging at her with antennae raised if not for the fact that the ancient television was actually trying to impale itself on Zoe’s head. 

Talia had taken the purple that’d tried to mind blast Shift, while Shift was caught up with another red and blue colour in the corner. Judging from the way he was dodging their attacks and trying to get closer, he didn’t have much, if any colour left to fight with. 

I got you, bud.

Raph ran over, colour already solidifying in his palm to a useful shape. Three steps in, he pursed his lips, released a whistle that ascended in pitch and threw the bolas at the trio. 

Shift dove left at the sound of Raph’s whistle, just in time for the bolas to go flying past him and crash into his attackers. Even though it was out of his direct touch, Raph managed to manipulate the balls on the end to swing in his advantage, getting a third full rotation out of the bolas before he lost it. 

The surprise impact made the red colour’s katana dissolve back into unmoulded colour while the blue almost dropped the runes he’d been preparing. The bolas didn’t hold them long as the red moulded a dagger and sliced through Raph’s already fading ropes but they’d done their job. 

Shift kept left while Raph edged right, forcing their attackers to turn back to back or risk an unseen strike. 

The blue colour faced Raph, and he seemed to know as well as Raph did that he was going to lose this match up. Despite that, his fingers closed around a rune stone. Blue light trickled from between his fingers as he activated it and threw it at Raph’s feet.