one: prolouge

«Kalani»

As I was being hauled into the truck, I couldn't help but think. Where's Maddie? Is she okay?

I didn't know where I was going but I was pretty sure I was being kidnapped.

"Wow, Kalani, they already set out an Amber Alert for you." My abductor chuckled.

I couldn't see anything because I was blindfolded and there was extremely strong duct tape covering my mouth. At least it'll shave my "mustache" that Maddie always teases me for right off. I tried to smile. Maddie. Always makes my days better. I just hope she'll find me.

She always finds me.

-

I was now in a basement. It didn't even look like a basement. It looked like a miniature apartment.

Then, a few other girls appeared.

"I'm Chloe. This is Paige, Kenzie, Nia, Jojo, Kendall, Brynn, Brooke, and that's Sophia." She pointed to a frail little girl sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth.

"She's been here the longest..." Chloe trails off.

"Alright, girls. Time to do something new that I've been planning!" The nearby screen flickered on, showing my abductor's face. "Let's play 'Elimination.'"

Oh no.

"We finally have our tenth player." He smiled. "Welcome, Kalani."

I felt sick.

"There are of course rules to this game. Rules that you have to follow or you'll die." Everyone shudders, including me. "Rule one, never talk back to me. Rule two, you must do the challenge I present to you. Rule three, if you come in last place for a challenge, you get eliminated, which I hope you know means that you die."

Of course we know what that means. I wasn't ready for elimination.