Sunday Dinner

~Alexandria's P.O.V.~

It's Sunday, meaning tomorrow I have to spend another boring day at school. It also means mom is cooking Sunday dinner, a tradition I started when they adopted me. My mommy used to make Sunday dinner and my first Sunday here they didn't. I went into a crying fit over my mommy. After explaining why I was so upset they vowed to make Sunday dinner every Sunday, and they haven't missed one yet.

I look at my nightstand and see that it's 1:30 in the afternoon. I rush into the shower and put on some fire red tights under this all black skirt. I'm wearing a red and black shirt that has a picture of Betty Boop on a motorcycle. I add my black leather jacket to give me the biker look Betty Boop has on the shirt. I curl my hair this time to give my natural curls a better look. I decide to just go natural and not put on make up today.

I walk downstairs and since I already know I've missed breakfast, I just make a big bowl of cereal. Once I finish I go into the living room looking for Xander. I've missed our morning cartoons and I want to make it up to him.

I hear him outside playing with the neighbors and I smell their dog close by so I assume he's playing with it too.

I'm really getting used to these heightened senses. They seem so natural, like a second nature to me. It's useful too, I just can't tell anyone about it until I know for sure what this all means. They'll just ask more questions that I don't know the answer to.

After thinking it over I decide that as soon as I find out what this all means I'll tell my family. They deserve to know, but only after I understand this.

Without realizing it, I've walked out my backdoor and up to the gate looking into my neighbors backyard watching Xander play. He sees me and his face instantly lights up.

"Xandria can you come and play with me please?" He asks using those puppy dog eyes that he knows I can't say no to.

"Of course I will, besides I missed our morning cartoons." His face turns sad when I mention the morning cartoons.

"Awww Xander what's wrong?" I ask finally crossing the gate into their backyard, and picking him up.

"You weren't there this morning. I thought something happened to you Xandria. You never miss morning cartoons with me." He says trembling his lips getting ready to cry.

"Awww Xander I'm so sorry. I overslept and didn't realize I had missed our cartoons. I won't miss cartoons again anymore, no matter what I promise." I rush out not wanting to see him cry.

"If you really wanna make it up to me you'll go on a date with Gabe. He seems nice and he told me he's the reason you were out late last night. If he makes you forget to watch cartoons with me he must be special." He says with an innocent smile.

At that exact moment Gabriel decides to make an appearance. He walks into his backyard, and when he sees me he smiles.

"I'll think about it buddy. Now go play with your new friends, while I talk to Gabriel before dinner." He nods his head and rushes off towards Gabriels little twin brothers, and a dog. It's a Germann Shepard.

Gabriel walks next to me and bumps my shoulder laughing.

"Well I see you've been talking to my little brother about a date, and telling him you're the reason I missed morning cartoons with him. What's up with that Gabriel?" I say blushing.

"Well who better to use against you than your little brother? He's the only one that you'll listen to when it comes to us." He says slyly, then smirks.

"True." I admit shrugging my shoulders.

"So is that a yes?" He questions, his green eyes looking so hopeful.