Settling Into The Pack House

~Alexandria's P.O.V.~

I wake up this morning feeling overwhelmed. Xander is in my arms snoring slightly. I slowly climb out of bed and head downstairs.

My pack is already up, carrying the wood to the clearing in the woods. I grab an apple and start helping as well. I see Gabriel and his family helping also. I smile at him as I pass.

Most of the wood is already here so I stay, along with other pack members, and start the foundation of the pack house. It sits directly in the middle with plenty of room around it for other houses, a playground, a pool, and other things. With everyone helping we have the foundation, five floors, and a roof finished by lunch. We all are eating sandwiches outside the pack house, like a huge picnic.

"Hey Xandria. Can I sit with you?" Gabriel asks.

"Of course you can Gabriel." Xander answers for me.

Then Xander gets up and walks over to play with the other kids. I sigh inwardly, feeling an awkward conversation coming on.

Mate!

Who are you???

I'm you. Well I'm the supernatural you.

Do you have a name?

My name is Alexandria like yours, but I prefer Alex.

Cool.

"Alexandria are you even listening to me?" Gabriel questions waving his hand in my face.

"I'm sorry. I was talking to Alex. What were you saying?" I reply honest.

"Who's Alex?" He asks with his head cocked to the side.

"My supernatural self. Her name is Alexandria like mine, but she prefers Alex. You never answered my question." I state nonchalantly.

"What was your question?" He asks trying to remember my question.

"What were you saying? From earlier when I wasn't paying attention." I remind him.

"Oh. I was asking you about your shifts. I noticed you have more than one." He states.

"I have seven. I can shift into a wolf, the wolf man, a lycan, a bat, a vampire with wings, a human version of a vampire with slight fangs and claws, and a beautiful hybrid of all the others." I say honestly.

"You say that as if it were nothing. Xandria most people get only one shift, two if you're lucky, but seven. That's not common." He says astonished.

"Oh. Well I do. I can't tell you how. This is all still so new to me, but it all feels so normal. I'm just going with my instincts here." I reply as best as I can.

So not only can I do things others can't, my shift is abnormal too. I never knew this was real, now I'm the odd one out.

"Well your instincts are all you really have in our world. Everything happens so fast you have to let your instincts guide you through it all. That's how it was for me." He says with this far away look in his eyes.

I wonder what he's thinking about.

Well then let's see.

Alex? What do you mean by that?

Before I have time to register it I'm seeing through his eyes.

~Gabriel's Mind~

I'm standing in the background and I'm transparent, like I'm glowing, yet see through. I see Gabriel running through some woods. He looks about three to four years younger.