Meeting The Unexpected Mate

~Alexandria's P.O.V.~

I wake up in my room to the sound of my alarm clock. This already feels like a boring and stressful Monday. I stay in the shower just letting the hot water cascade down my back, temporarily easing my tense muscles.

I walk out wrapped in a towel to my closet, with another towel on my head.

"Well good morning to you too." A dark voice whispers.

"AHHH!!!" I scream and push them into the wall.

It just so happens to be Gabriel.

What are you doing here Gabriel?

The window was open and I wanted to see you, just not this much of you.

I look down and realize that while pushing him into the wall my towel fell off. I run into my closet and put on some clothes as fast as I can. I look at myself in my mirror and I'm wearing a purple v-neck shirt, some white skinny jeans, and some purple converse.

I was enjoying the view.

I got a view for you to enjoy alright.

I push the image of me kissing someone else through his head. What he does is unexpected. Gabriel whimpers, howls in pain, then growls, before falling to his knees with tear brimmed eyes.

"Are you ok? It was just a joke." I rush out.

"It felt real, like it was actually happening and it hurt." He whispers while gasping for breath.

"What do you mean it hurt?" I ask confused on how an image could hurt.

"It hurt our mate bond. When your mate is being unfaithful it hurts. I felt that pain. It all felt so real." He says shocked.

Alex can you explain this to me?

It's one of our talents. We can project any image into anyone's head and it will appear to be reality.

How do I control it?

When you put images into people's heads it's you controlling how real it feels.

She fades away after that.

"Gabriel I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen." I rush out.

"It's ok. Do you mind explaining to me what exactly just happened?" He questions.

"Well, I somehow can put any image into a persons mind and it will feel real." I whisper.

He says nothing, instead he slowly backs away. My vampire side hisses and my werewolf side whimpers in my head, and I'm thankful he couldn't hear the broken sounds they made.

"I have to go home." He rushes out the door.

I don't know how long I stood there, but I couldn't move. I couldn't concentrate on anything but the fact that I just scared my mate away. Everything else in my body shut down. I was lost and consumed in my thoughts.

"Xandria! Xandria! Xandria!" Xander calls running towards me.

His cheeks are all red, he's huffing and puffing, and he's running like his life depends on it. He's running so fast that he loses balance and trips.

My instincts took over because the only thought on my mind was catching him. Before I know what's happening I'm on the other side of the room with Xander in my arms.

"Is everything ok buddy? Is something wrong?" I ask while checking him over for injuries.

"I heard people whispering about a vampire, then this girl walked by and bumped me and I fell." He starts crying.