Xandria's 16 Birthday Chaos

I wake up on this beautiful Saturday happily. Yesterday we went to the carnival. It was pretty cool, but it will never be as cool as today. I'm finally 16!!!

I walk down stairs, where my parents are already waiting. They are standing in the kitchen. Mom is cooking breakfast and dad is holding car keys.

"You bought my car." I squeal, hugging him, taking the keys, and run to the garage.

Inside is an all black Camry, just like I wanted. On the inside everything is new, and I have red leather seats.

I smile at my car, but the sound of my stomach growling has me following the scent of food back to the kitchen. I find my mom making my plate, with a knowing smile on her face.

"Happy Birthday sweetie." She says while handing me my plate.

"Thanks mom and dad." I say while taking my seat.

Just as I sit down Xander comes running into my arms.

"Happy Birthday Xandria." He whispers in my ear.

"Thanks Xander. Why are you whispering?" I ask curiously.

He just grabs his breakfast and sits down, as if he didn't hear me. I just finish my breakfast and go up to my room to change.

I take a quick shower, then I got to my closet to find something to wear. I put on a black shirt with a cupcake on it that says 'it's my birthday bitch' on it. I put on some red skinny jeans and my black converse.

I walk back down stairs and notice that everyone left. I find a note on the counter.

Xandria something came up at work. Your mom and I are taking Xander with us. There is an envelope on the coffee table in the living room. You have a black card inside it with your name on it. We should be back around 6:30 but 8:30 is the latest. Enjoy your birthday sweetheart.

- Mom, Dad, and Xander.

I read the note smiling. My parents know how to make a girl smile. There is the distinct sound of footsteps outside that catch my attention. Soon after there is a knock on the door. I open the door to reveal Gabriel and Gabrielle.

"Hope we're not intruding, but we knew it was your birthday so here." Gabriel rushes out handing me a present.

"You're not intruding. My parents had business to attend to so it's just me, and honestly I could use the company. Come in." I admit, not wanting to be alone.

I open the present and find a sketchbook. I open it and on the first page there is a drawing of Gabriel and I the day we met at the movies. At the bottom there is his signature and ticket stub from the movie.

"Thanks Gabriel I love it." I say, and I really do.

"Everything is in there. My thoughts, feelings, the secret I've been keeping. It's all in there." He says shyly.

I turn some pages, and sure enough there are more drawings and letters. I smile and motion for them to follow me. I lead them to my art studio.

"Gabriel this may sound weird, but I drew that exact same picture." I say, walking around looking for it.

"Ahhh, here it is." I say excitedly.

I show it to him and he smiles. It is the same as the one he have me, but at the bottom is my signature and ticket stub.

He keeps flipping through the pages in the sketchbook. Finally, he stops and stares at one particular picture in awe. It's the one of the man and woman leaving their child.