Happy stories

Jesse POV:

Dear Journal,

    Happy endings are impossible. Everyone eventually dies. That's their ending. And I know that sounds morbid, but it's true. But... there is such a thing as a happy story. On your grave stone, you see your birth and death date. Your beginning and your end. But... I don't care about what day you were born or what day you died. But there's always some sort of quote on it too. Or some sort of bible excerpt. And when people see my gravestone, I want them to see the truth. "Jesse didn't have a happy ending. But she had a happy story. And that's enough."

I closed my book softly as I heard a knock on my door. "It's open," I said as someone opened the door. I looked over to see Lukas. "Hey, Lukas. I thought you were working on writing a book," I said. He scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, I was, but I couldn't think of any good ideas, so I decided to come and visit you," he said, grinning. "Well, I'm not doing anything right now. Wanna hang out?" I asked. He smiled. "Sure. Why don't we go for a walk?" He asked. I nodded and hopped off the couch.

Time skip!

I smiled as I let the sun warm my body. Lukas and I had stopped to lay down on one of the hills for a little while. I was laying on my stomach, using my arms as a pillow. I looked over to Lukas, who layed on his back, hands resting on his stomach. He looked so relaxed and content. He had an easy smile on his face and his eyes were closed, but not tightly shut or anything. I light blush was brushed across his cheeks, and his long eyelashes made him look even more peaceful. I smiled as I looked at his already ruffled hair that seemed to almost glow in the sunlight. "Your hair looks pretty," I blurted out. He opened one eye and smirked over at me. Not as pretty as you," he said. I giggled. "What? I can't help it!" He said.

I smiled at him for a few seconds before sighing. Lukas was so different from James. He was so much more understanding and relaxed and loving. He always knew just what to say to make me feel better when I'm sad, although he doesn't even need to say anything. Just being with him made me happy.

I smiled happily as I watched a large ladybug flying around a few feet away. James would've never gone in a date like this. With him, it was just going out for food or going to the mall. I had never exactly enjoyed them. I frowned as I thought about all the times I had begged him to do something else and he didn't listen. "You okay?" I turned to see Lukas looking at me with concern. "Yeah. I'm better than okay," I said. His easygoing smile returned. "Hey, I think I got an idea for your book," I said. He propped himself up on his elbows. "Let me hear it," he said, turning to face me.

"Write about a girl who's different and hates herself for it. And then she meets a boy, and hey, he doesn't have to change her life. But he can change the way she looks at it," I said. He grinned. "I like it. Simple, but a nice story. I feel like I could put a lot of meaning into it," he said. I grinned. "Glad I could help."

Sorry it was so short :( I hope you guys like it though :)