Years gone by

Lukas POV:

I fiddled with my fingers nervously as I walked up to Jesse's doorway. I rang the doorbell and hoped against hope that she would answer. I rang it several times and was about to give up when she finally opened the door. "What do you want?" She said. Her voice had a harshness that I had never seen before.

"Jesse, look. I'm really, really sorry. I do actually love you! And yes, it is true that it was all a dare, but the truth is that I liked you even before Danny dared me to go out with you! I just... didn't know how to tell you before," I mumbled the last part. She kept her gaze hard.

"Well, Lukas, maybe you should've found a way. You knew how embarrassed I'd be. You knew it would hurt me. If you had actually liked me, you would've at least told me," she said. "Jesse, please give me another chance," I said. She shook her head.

"I'm done with second chances, Porter. Do you know what it's like to constantly be betrayed like that? Of course you don't. Everything goes just how you want it to go. I don't know if you've figure this out yet, but I hate you Lukas! I hate you with every ounce of hate I have in me! So just leave, Porter. You're just wasting my time," she said before slamming the door shut.

Time skip!

Five years later at Endercon:

Jesse POV:

I stood at one of the stalls at Endercon, waiting for my food to arrive. That sad day was long gone by now, and I had gotten over it ages ago. I hummed a small tune when a certain blond-haired, blue-eyed boy walked up to me. "Um... hey, Jesse," he said. I stared straight ahead, making it clear that I wasn't going to respond. When he realised that I wouldn't reply, he kept going. "I-um... I wanted you to have this," he said, sliding a thick, hard-cover book over to me on the counter. "I thought you should be the first to read it. I guess I'll go now," he said as he started walking away. I glanced down at the book, which was laid front side down. I flipped it over to read the title.

A different story, by: Lukas G Porter.

My eyes widened. I guess he finally published a book. I almost smiled as I remembered how excited he was about my idea that one day on that hill. I traced my fingers along the crisp cover of the novel. He had obviously taken good care of it. I turned to the first page to start reading, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that a few of the sentences were familiar:

I don't really know what to say right now. I guess I should start with the fact that I'm different. I don't mean that in a weird way. But... no one is quite like me.

Anyone recognize the first few lines of his book? I'll give you a hint: It's the first few line Jesse ever wrote in her journal! I'm really happy with this chapter :) P.S. the next chapter will be really long.