Unexpected fights

Lukas POV:

I was at my locker, getting my books out when I felt a hand grab my shoulder and turn my around. Before I could react, I felt a gift ran into my face. I stumble back into my locker before opening my eyes to see James. "What the hell, man?" He said nothing, but instead grabbed my shirt collar, about to give me another punch before a hand grabbed his arm and held him back. "James, back off," I heard Jesse say. He turned around and elbowed her in the side of her face. I felt anger boiling up inside me. No one does that to Jesse! I knew him in the stomach, causing him to double over. I grab him by the shoulder and start to repeatedly ram my fist into his gut before he kicks at my legs, causing me to fall over.

I push myself up and look to see where Jesse had gone, only to find her struggling to get past Petra. While I was distracted, James had taken the opportunity to kick me down again. He then lifted me up by the shirt collar and shoved me up against the lockers. There wasn't much I could do considering James was a lot bigger than me. I watched as he took something out of his pocket. Wait, was that... oh my god! I watched as he aimed his massive black hunting knife at my throat. Why wasn't anyone doing anything? Before he could thrust it into my throat, I heard a loud slam, and James fell to the ground. I looked to see Jesse, holding a large textbook above her head. "I... I didn't know what else to do. He was going to kill you!" She said. I sighed. "Thanks, Jesse," I said, looking at James' unconscious body lying on the floor.

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm posting another one right now.