Chapter 9

[Chapter 9]

"I'm back, everyone.", Kaname stated with amusement clearly in his eyes. Kiyomi's face noticeably  paled and Yuki giggled.

She ran to Kaname,"Your back!",and jumped on him, giving him a hug. Kiyomi stayed quiet, slowly turning to Kaname with the color quickly returning to her face.

"Uh... Welcome home Kaname!", she walked up to him and gave him a hug as well. He smiled and hugged back while unnoticeably whispering in her ear,"I got the flower. I'll give it to you later."

She smiled at Kaname and her parents came out of hiding. They smiled and Haruka spoke,"Happy Birthday, Yuki!"

Just as Juri was about to speak, Kaname interrupted,"Mother, Father, please excuse me but I need to have a word with Kiyomi in private."

Both parents nodded, giving Kiyomi stern glances while Yuki slightly pouted. Kaname and Kiyomi made it to her room, where he handed the resin-encased flower to Kiyomi.

He had made one into a necklace, which took a while to do. The other was the same size but didn't have a chain. Kiyomi smiled while putting one on her desk and the other in a small box. She tied a red ribbon around it, and put it in her dress pocket.

They walked downstairs, seeing Haruka and Juri talking to Yuki. Kiyomi rushed down the stairs, and she almost tripped. She giggled and continued down the steps, meeting with Yuki.

Kaname followed, and when he reached the bottom he spoke,"Happy Birthday, Yuki. I'm sorry I was gone for so long."

Yuki was practically growing flowers in her aura and giggled. Kiyomi smiled at Yuki and Haruka interrupted them,"So, Yuki.", he started off then glanced at everyone,
"I thought that this year, we should open presents and have desert after."

Yuki giggled and nodded, with a bright smile on her face. She grabbed Kanames hand and started walking to a couch in the living room. Haruka and Juri were already there, sitting on a couch right next to it.

[Kiyomi's Pov]

I followed Yuki to the couch, completely aware of everything around me. Weird, this doesnt happen often. My powers must be awakening soon.

We all sat down, me next to Yuki, Yuki next to Kaname and our parents on an entirely different couch. Kaname decided to be the first to give her a present, so I waited for Kaname.

Kaname turned to Yuki,"Here, Yuki. I got this flower for you and encased it in resin. It blooms every ten years, so I went to get it today."

Yuki's sweet brown eyes widened in surprise and she giggled,"Thank you Kaname! I love it!" She hugged Kaname tightly and I could feel myself smile.

Once Yuki stopped hugging Kaname, I turned to Yuki,"Yuki. Look what I got you!" I handed her the box that held the one-inch resin encased flower which was connected to a chain. She smiled and handed it to me.

"Could you put it on for me?", I smiled and did as Yuki asked, and she lifted her hair so it doesn't get stuck. I stuck it around her hair and neck and used my second hand to bring it back to the other end of the necklace.

I did the clasp, and Yuki grabbed it and adored it. She smiled and hugged me tightly, as if she were to let me go I'd disappear. I smiled and hugged her back, tightly as well but careful enough so that I don't hurt her.

Mother and father looked at us, I could feel it, and out of the corner of my eye I could see mother whispering to father. Father nodded and spoke up,"Everyone, your mother and I have an announcement to make."