Chapter 7: My first day

Bing

The elevator makes the noise and the doors automatically open. Cory and I step in.

"So, what did you wanna talk about?" I spoke up.

"Oh, umm, we need to start work at the office tomorrow. What time do you think you could get in?" He asks

"Well, when do you need me?"

"I was thinking tomorrow, we do a short Vlog on whats happening. Then you can set up your stuff in a studio, Hows that?"

"Good, i'll come in about 10:30?" I asked.

"Yup, that's fine. I'll see you then" he replies. I realise then that Bre isn't with us.

"Where's Bre?" I ask all confused.

"Oh, umm, she was just saying goodbye. I just rushed out because I wanted to catch up to you"

"Oh ok, that makes sense. Hey, could I have your number? You know just in case I need to get hold of you." I say and he nods and we exchange numbers.

"Thanks, I got to wait here for Bre, see you tomorrow"

"Bye" I reply as I wave and walk off.

Today was a big day, Tommy woke up, I got to talk and get to know everyone, AND I got a new job at Cory's office. Things couldn't get better.

Today's my first day at the office, and of course I wake up 2 minutes before my alarm. Getting up and ready, it hits me, how much pressure I feel right now. I mean I am going to be doing my dream job. Working with my idols. This is going to be fun!

I pull into the the address that Cory sent me. It's 10:00. I am half an hour early. I text Cory, telling him I am here. He texts me back, tell me he will be down soon.

"Emmalyn!" He yells pushing open the door, with a smile of his face.

"Oh, hey Cory" I smile back.

"Ready and early for your first day I see"

"Yes" I shyly respond.

"Good, it shows you really want to be here" He replies, his cheerful self. Making sure my car is locked I walk over to him and follow him upstairs. We small talk on the way, but nothing big.

Once we got up he unlocked the door and we walked in. Showing me to my office, and then inviting me around to meet everyone. I was happy, I saw Ashlie. She smiled at me, I smiled back. She's the first one here that spoke to me, or even acknowledged me.

"Hi, Emmalyn!" She shouted from across the room.

"Hello, Ashlie" I spoke as we walked to meet each other, and give each other a hug. 

"How are you?" She asked me kindly, pulling out of the hug.

"Great! Thanks" I replied a bit over excitedly. We all laughed.

"I thought I heard another voice" Spoke another familiar voice as they walked into the room. I turn around and see Nick. Running over to give him a hug. I still remember when we first met. He was so kind to me, even though we had just met.

"Hello" I screeched, laughing.

"Hey, long time, no see"

"Yeah, a LONG time" I said dragging out the O in long. We laughed and walked back over to the others. It feels weird. I have watched these people's videos since I was a child, and they just found out I existed a day or two ago. Yet, we all can talk to each other like they have known me as long as I have known them.

"Okay... Let's play a game!" Ashlie shouted giving everyone a weird look, them looking back at her as if she had just told them a big secret. They knew something I didn't.

"Umm, Sure" I said pretty much questioning myself.

"Ok, I am guessing Ashlie wants to play Truth or Dare. Am I right?" Nick asks Ashlie.

"YES!" Ashlie Screamed and I swear my ear drums burst. After everyone laughing a little Ashlie continued on. After a while it got around to my turn "Emmalyn, you ask now"

"Umm, OK. Ashlie, truth or dare?" I asked her.

"I'll go truth" she finally spoke after thinking for a bit. My eyes widened.

"What do you actually think about your divorce?" I asked smiling a bit.

"Oh, with Nick. Well, we haven't gotten divorced, yet" She joked.

"WE WEREN'T EVEN MARRIED!" Nick shouted sounding a bit annoyed. Laughing Ashlie replied.

"¿Por que?" Ashlie spoke in Spanish. "My turn, Emmalyn, Truth or dare?"

"Umm, I'll start with a Truth. I don't know whether or not to trust you yet" I joked narrowing my eyes and trying to keep a straight face, I lost it and started cracking up. I stopped when I looked at Ashlie. She was looking at me like I was her prey. OH NO!

"What are your feelings about Tommy?" She asked me. I felt like everyone was listening with there full attention now. My checks started turning bright red again.

"UMM, he seems nice" I said but before I could try and change the subject Ashlie butted in.

"That's not what I meant" I froze, she knows it, she knows I like him. "Do you Like him?" She said empathised the word like.

Ashlie POV:

She mummbled, I knew the answer, I just wanted to make sure. I looked at Nick, he knew the plan.

"Emmalyn, can you speak up? I didn't quite hear that" Nick spoke, as if on que. We all looked at Emmalyn, she was redder than a tomato. She slowly lifted her head and looked at us, she was obviously embarrassed.

"You know what my answer is though. Don't you?" She spoke in my direction.

"I have no idea what you are on about" I sarcastically stated, smiling to myself. Emmalyn sighed.

"Okay fine, you really want to hear me say it?"

"YES!" We all sung in harmony. Not really, we can't sing, but you know. (This is what I think Ashlie would say, not my opinion)

"Fine. I Love Tommy!"

A/N sorry for late update, I have no excuse, I just forgot. Lol.