Terms and Conditions

Link was thinking over Thalia's proposal. He stood outside the ceremony's door watching the hustle of the Zoras from afar. Jasmine was off getting ready while Sidon was standing awkwardly at the altar, staring around the crowd. Link tried to catch his attention, but figured he was too far away to see him. 

Time passed as it drew nearer to the ceremony. Thalia noticed Link still standing outside the Ceremony and grabbed his arm. "Come on, Link. Sitting around like rocks outside won't get you Sidon." She dragged him into the ceremony all the way to the front row and sat him next to her. Link tried to fight her, but it was too late; Sidon had saw him sit and his eyes instantly softened. Link did notice that he was growing stone-like when he had to deal with Jasmine and the King and so on. 

They stared for a moment, and for that one moment the whole world had dissolved to nothing around them. Link longed to move towards him and steal the altar from Jasmine. He should be the one saying 'I, do'. He was the one who should be by his side! 

Suddenly, Thalia's plan was looking much more possible. Sidon flashed him a smile before becoming the stone-like Prince he turned into over the past week. 

Link stared at the ground, hard. Despite all the happiness bubbling around him about the crowning of a new King and blah blah blah, Link was lost. This was not what he wanted at all. He would not settle for less than Sidon!

He stood up defiantly, ready to move towards Sidon when the King spotted him, eyeing him closely. Link stared at him and then at Sidon who had stopped talking to watch him with wide eyes. Oh, Link, what are you doing now...

Thalia reached to grab his hand, but it was too late. "Link! Wait! Not yet!"

But Link did not listen, for he did not care. There was not a reason for him to care without Sidon, and he was certain he would make that clear. Nothing mattered in that moment except him. A life with Sidon. Next to Sidon. 

As he moved to the altar, Jasmine began walking up the aisle. She watched as Link stepped up the stairs and met with Sidon, kissing him passionately in front of the entire domain.

--

The crowd had fell silent besides the beautiful bride-to-be, Jasmine, who screeched. The King instantly began to pull Link off of Sidon as soon as it happened. Because the Zoras were so much taller, especially the King, he ripped Link from Sidon's grasp easily and threw him off the stage.

"What do you think you're doing, boy?! I'll have your head for interrupting such a sacred ceremony!" The King pointed aggressively towards Link as he hollered his warnings. The Zoras were in uproar behind them. Link slowly lifted himself off the ground and faced the King.

"Let me marry Sidon! Jasmine is a liar and a seductress of other men!" The guards came for Link, but the King did not usher him out yet. 

"How dare you speak of such royalty in that way! You mere Hylians just don't understand when enough is enough! You take Mipha first and you've been trying to take Sidon! I won't have it!"

The guards began to drag him out to the door, but Link pushed. "Please! I love Sidon! If I can't have him then off with my head! I can't live without him!" 

Thalia stood up. "King, Link is speaking the truth! Jasmine is never with Sidon anymore, all his attendants can agree." She looked back at the group of them, who stared at each other with bewilderment. None of them dared to stand up at first until one of the older ones joined.

"She's right, sir."

"Oh that is not true!" Jasmine fought back, stopping to the front of the room, but the attendants were tired of her lies. Another one stood, and another, and another, all putting in their two-cents. These attendants were the Kings most trustworthy men, how could they possibly be lying?

The guards dragging Link had paused with this new information. Someone in the crowd also said, "If you knew Link loves Sidon, and Sidon him, why are you forcing him to marry Jasmine?"

Agreement came from the crowd slowly. The King stopped and took a step back. "Well, I-I thought- I didn't know-" He backed away more, trying to get away from the mob's spirit. Sidon was staring at Link this entire time from the moment he kissed him, agape without a word to say. For the first time, Link was not crying.

"Listen!" The King boomed, and the domain quieted. "Jasmine! Is this true? Your rebellious deeds?" 

Jasmine's eyes darted back and forth between people in the crowd, her eyes growing wide like an animal. She had been found out. Everyone stared at her with hatred. They knew what she had done and she deserved to be stripped of every piece of gold she has earned from this marriage. So much for holding her up on a high pedestal, huh?

--

Jasmine tried to run out of the ceremony and escape her own deceit, but the guards made sure that would not happen. By then, they had dropped Link, who sat on the ground, embarrassed by his recent outburst. He kissed Sidon in front of everyone. 

Sidon, assuming the ceremony was over after all this drama, moved down to Link in the middle of the aisle. He crouched down in front of him. Link was staring vacantly into the distance.

Sidon's hand moved to Link's cheek and he held it there until Link moved, and when he did, he put his hand on top of Sidon's, holding it like it was the only thing he knew how to hold on to. Sidon smiled reassuringly. They sat there among the confusion and chaos as the domain tried to fight Jasmine and convince the King that Sidon should marry Link, but the King would not answer to a new ceremony. Not yet, at least. 

None of that matter, though. Link smiled at Sidon. He would not have to deal with Jasmine any longer. Sidon was, no is all his now. Link smiled, and he started crying tears of joy as he slung his arms around Sidon, pulling himself against him. "Oh, Sidon," he sobbed, clinging onto him like his life was on the line. 

"Link..." Sidon's voice faded softly, and he closed his eyes, holding onto Link until he was sure he was done being so emotional. He felt Link's body heaving against his as his fingers clenched Sidon's body.

Do you know now, Sidon? Do you see how much I love you? How much I have fought for you? What I've put on the line for you? I love you...

a/n 

more will be explained in the next chapter about the king and jasmine and the marriage, i just really needed this fluff and im sure u guys did too ily