GHOSTS CH.7

GHOSTS
A CRIMINAL MINDS FIC
MORIED-(MORGAN-REID)
CHAPTER SEVEN

The car door slammed shut before he was able to form a sentence. Derek knew what Garcia must be feeling, the same thing he felt when he found out that Hotch lied to him, and now he had gone and done the same thing to the only constant person in his life. After her shock had worn down some, he had managed to wiggle out from under Spencer’s very warm and inviting body and tried to talk to her. She
wouldn’t have anything to do with it, she simply let the first few tears fall down her grief stricken face and turned to leave.

Derek had never seen her this way before, she looked so lost and broken. The way she does after every horrible case they handle. She has to balance the horrible images with those of cute and cuddly animals or she had nightmares for days. Sometimes she still did. The pictures unable to cover the horrors she had witnessed on her computer screens. He could remember every time she had called him in the middle of the night, after a particularly bad nightmare had scared her beyond belief. She was a kind person, and she didn’t deserve what he had done to her.

With a heavy sigh, Derek turned back around and headed for the front door that had been left open. He knew he needed to speak with her about this, but now wasn’t the time. Actually it was a lot later than he imagined, almost past midnight. Somehow time had gotten away from him being around Spencer. That explained why she had been there, their plans had already been made and there was no way he could explain why their date had gone on so long without them noticing. Too caught up in the moment to care.

“Is everything okay?”

Derek locked the door and turned to see Spencer standing in the hallway. A look of concern and possibly confusion on his face. His shirt was still torn down the middle, only a few of the remaining buttons still functional.

“No, it’s not. But I can’t do much about that right now. She won’t even speak to me.” Admitting that is what hurt the most, they had been best friends for years and he was never able to help feeling responsible for her, this time he truly was. She was this distraught because of him.

“I’m sorry if I ruined something…”

Derek narrowed his eyes for a moment before it made sense, “oh, no. It’s not like that at all Spencer. That was Garcia, we work together and she’s probably my best friend.”

Spencer’s hand circled his waist until the edges of his fingers brushed over the particular tattoo. He had that name on his body, had heard her voice in his dreams like he had the others, “Garcia…as in?”

Derek nodded, tucking his shaking hands into his jeans, “she came over to talk about why I’ve been acting weird at work. She knew I had a date tonight, I didn’t expect to loose so much time.” He smiled, almost happy that he was able to loose control like that for so long.

Spencer gave him a weak smile, “she looked horrified.”

“She is, like I said before, her and the rest of our team were told you left us for another job. No one knows the truth behind it all. My boss, he kept it from everyone.”

He nodded, remembering that conversation in full detail. “I didn’t realize that time had gotten away from us like that, we started eating dinner at 8 and it’s well past midnight.”

Now it was Derek’s turn to smile, “I didn’t either but I liked it. Don’t worry too much about her, she’s going to be angry with me for some time but we will work it out.” He took a few steps towards Spencer, unable to help himself. “You alright?”

“Yeah, I guess it was a good thing she came in when she did. Things were getting a little out of hand.”

“I don’t know about that, I liked where things had been going.” Derek’s voice dropped again, his eyes roaming shamelessly over Spencer’s bare chest.