Chapter 1: Accepted

<Alisa POV>

Finally! I have been accepted in Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy. I've been working hard to be accepted, encountered a lot of challenges, and also I have my thanks to my buddy Elias for helping me.

I never thought that I could survive his training and also get to see his magic.

1 week has passed after I got accepted here in the academy, it was fun reminiscing about last week but at the same time nerve wracking for my result, all the things that happened was so unforgettable and unbelievable.

"Alisa!"

"H-huh?! What is it?"

Then I suddenly came to my senses that Elias was calling my name.

"Are you day dreaming again?"

"S-Sorry. I wasn't day dreaming I was just remembering about my judgement last week, if I was going to be accepted or not."

Both his hands were crossed and he gazed at me as if he doesn't believe what I've said.

He sighed and replied "Just don't day dream again."

"Okay." I smiled

*Bell rings*

He returned to his seat and I also returned to mine just in front of Yukiya. As usual no one wants to sit or come near him.

Headmaster Randolph was our first class. I was in relief that he is the one to teach us because I get a little nervous in Professor Schuyler's class.

This is my new beginning here in the academy. I'll even work harder to become a great wizard and cast a perfect magic spell like Elias.

*Lunch break*

After 3 subjects it was already lunch break, I was about to ask Elias if we can go eat lunch together but he beat me to it.

"Alisa, Do you want to eat lunch together at the fountain?"

He quickly averted his eyes at first but then looked back at me.

"Sure!"

I smiled and we both head out of the classroom and went to the fountain. The sun was shining bright so it was a good idea to eat lunch outside. When we got to the fountain, I sat at the grass under a tree and looked at Elias.

"Sit down and we should eat our lunch before the bell rings."

As I said those words, he was already looking at me with a serious face.

"After class, I'm still gonna tutor you even after you have been accepted here."

I knew that even though I got accepted here he'll still tutor me. "Awww too bad I thought I have a day off today."

"Just because you've been accepted here in this academy doesn't mean you don't need to work hard. You still are my buddy." And he crossed his arms while looking at me with a cold stare.

"Sorry, I was just kidding." I chuckled. "I want to train so that I can become a great wizard someday and also I-I wanna spend time with you too."

Elias began to blush, he covered his mouth and looked away from me when I said that I wanted to spend time with him. He really is cute when he blushes that I just smiled at his reaction.

"Knock it off! Smiling at me like that." averting his gaze from me

"I can't help it because I love it when you blush."

"I-I am not blushing!"

I smiled at his expression then afterwards stared at the fountain, thinking that I shouldn't burden Elias in the academy because he always has high grades but now that I'm an official student and his buddy, I should work hard to not let him down.

"Fine. Thank you for helping me to get in at the academy. I'll work even harder to not disappoint you and pull you down since I'm your buddy."

"I'm not the one who only helped you. It was also yourself  because of your perseverance and positiveness."

His voice was so calm that my heart skipped a beat and I felt reassured.

"True. But I still want to thank you for your support and training."

Without a word he looked at me and held my hand as if letting me know that he will support me no matter what.

"You will never disappoint me, Alisa. I believe in you that you can do it."

He smiled at me and I returned to hold his hand while my heart fluttered. I felt that my cheek was burning up and I couldn't hide it away from Elias.

"T-thank you, Elias."

His face starts to redden that he looked away and immediately released my hand. I can tell he's embarrassed at what he did but I still find his gesture cute.

"N-now let's finish our lunch."

"Y-yeah!" I smiled at the expression of his face but at the same time my heart was beating fast. I'm glad to have Elias to be my buddy and the guy that I have fallen for.

Although, it was a little bit awkward during the whole lunch break because we just had short talks and stared at each other for only a few seconds.

Before we knew it, lunch time was over that we headed to our classroom without any word. We just awkwardly walked alongside with each other but I can see Elias looking away as if he is thinking about something.

As we reached the classroom, went to our seats and classes began, I can't get rid off my mind what Elias did. It was very polite of him giving me assurance that he trusts me, I have never seen that side of him being romantic before.

I also want to show him how I truly love him but I'm afraid that he'll find it awkward. I never noticed the time because my mind was somewhere that I came to my senses when the bell rang. Time sure is fast when you are thinking of something.

*Bell rings*

"Now that classes are over, let's get going for your tutoring session."

"O-oh yeah. I almost forgot, sorry"

I almost forgot that he'll teach me magic lessons and I was surprised that he was on front of me that I never saw him coming to my desk.

"I know that you want to escape from our magic lessons, Alisa." As usual his cool side is showing, his arms are crossed.

"S-sorry."

"You know you can't escape."

He crossed his arms and stared.

"I know. That's why let's go!"

I just smiled at him, grab his wrist and hurriedly drag him out of the classroom.

"H-hey! I can walk by myself."

In no time we were already in the grassy fields of the academy, where we first had our tutoring session, and I let go of Elias' wrist. There are so many memories in this place.

I closed my eyes and stretched out my arms to enjoy the breeze of the wind. "Ahhh ~ The wind here is so relaxing."

"It sure does."

As I opened my eyes, Elias was looking at me and my heart began to flutter. His purple eyes are mesmerizing that I can't think of any words to tell him or start any conversations.