Chapter 9: New Student

<Alisa POV>

I arrived at the classroom early, put my bag on my chair and take a seat. I looked at the classroom and Elias is still not around, I've noticed that Yukiya is reading a book.

"Hey, Yukiya." tapping his shoulder

"What is it?" closing his book and looked at me

"What are you reading?"

"A spell book" Showing me the book. "It might come in handy since our class will be Professor Schuyler."

"Oh r-right."

I almost forgot that our class for today is magical incantation by Professor Schuyler. Even though I'm already a student here, I still feel nervous at Professor Schuyler class.

After a few minutes, Elias arrived and I could tell from his eyes that he didn't slept well last night. Did he had trouble falling asleep? or was he busy doing some home works?

So, I approached him to see if he is okay. "Good morning, Elias."

"Good morning to you too, Alisa."

"Are you okay? It looks like that you didn't slept well last night."

"O-oh right, I was busy writing some strategies on our tutor sessions."

"You shouldn't push yourself you know."

He suddenly smiled and that gave me the answer that he's fine now. "Sorry for making you worry about me."

"It's fine. We are buddies in this school right? And..."

I didn't finish my sentence instead I leaned a little closer to him so that he can only hear it.

"And what?"

"And I'm your girlfriend."

He suddenly blushed at the words I said, I chuckled at his expression but didn't let him see or else he might get angry.

"R-right."

Professor Schuyler entered the classroom so we went back to our seats but before he started the lesson is looked at us. "All right class. Please take your seats."

"Before we proceed to the courtyard to perform our spell. I would like to introduce to you a new student who will be joining us today. You may enter the room."

A guy entered our room, his shoulders are broad and I can see that his abdominal muscles is well formed due to his uniform. His hair is platinum with a little black highlights and eyes that is blue like the ocean.

"Introduce yourself." said Professor Schuyler

"Aziel Drakos is my name. It's nice meeting you all."

While I was looking at him, our eyes met and he suddenly gave me a smile. I look at everyone else if he really smiled at me or was it just my imagination but he really did smiled at me. He took a seat on the back of Elias.

"All right. Settle down. For today, we'll be discussing how to create an earth shield using the incantation Aegis Terra. The full incantation is  O powerful earth, heed my call and become my shield. It's an easy spell that needs concentration and focus. Let's go to the courtyard and you'll execute this one by one for the upcoming quiz next meeting."

QUIZ?! Looks like I need to practice the spell real hard, so that I couldn't bring Elias down. I hope that I wouldn't mess this spell up. When we were in the courtyard, one student after the other performed the spell in front of Professor Schuyler and the next up to do it is Elias.

"Elias, you're up next."

"Yes!"

His stance was great and he prepared his wand, seconds later he chanted the spell.

"O powerful earth, heed my call and become my shield, AEGIS TERRA!"

The tip of his wand glowed and the ground grew in front of Elias becoming a shield. That was a beautiful execution of the spell. As usual, that's my Elias, a great caster.

"Hmm, good execution of chanting the spell but need a little more concentration for the shield to become more stronger. All in all, excellent."

A good review of Professor Schuyler to Elias. I approached Elias and congratulated him.

"Good work Elias!"

"Yeah, thanks. You should worry about yourself now, you'll be next after the new student."

"R-right."

He smiled at me knowing him, he knows that I might mess up.

"Don't worry about messing up the spell, I'll teach you later. Just be confident that you can do it." He patted my head

"Thank you, Elias!"

I stayed at Elias' side for a while because it was the new student's turn to perform the spell.

"New student, you're next."

"Here!"

He took out his wand and closed his eyes for a moment then suddenly chanted the spell with great dictation and determination.

"AEGIS TERRA!"

The new student didn't recite the whole incantation instead he shortened it, even though he shortened the spell. He created a stronger shield.

"Recite the whole incantation next time but even though you shortened it, I could see that this earth shield will last long. Great work."

"Thank you very much!"

"Alisa!" said Professor Schuyler.

After Aziel, I'm next and I can't help but feel my heart pounding by this anxious feeling while walking to the front. As I was walking to the front, Aziel walked back passed me and he whispered to me like I was the only one who could hear it.

"Just picture the ground making a shield."

I looked back at him when he said those words but he didn't look back at me. When I was already standing on the front, I closed my eyes for a bit and took a deep breath. Then I took out my wand and ready to recite the spell.

"O powerful earth, heed my call and become my shield, AEGIS TERRA!"

While reciting the spell, I pictured on what kind of earth shield should appear before me and when I opened my eyes, the ground in front of me went upward and appeared like a shield. 

"Good work on chanting the spell but needs a little more work on the shield."

"Yes!"

I did it! I didn't mess the spell up. I ran up to Elias and he was happy when he saw what I done.

"Great job, Alisa. I know that you could do it."

"Thank you, Elias!"

I remembered what Aziel said and look around to see if he was still there but I couldn't see him.

"Great work on performing the spell. I expect to see improvement next meeting for the quiz."

After Professor Schuyler's class, we were dismissed and Elias told me that he'll teach me about the spell on how to improve it more. Aziel..... He can cast a spell well but his identity is still a mystery to us. He's a very mysterious guy.