Chapter 5: It's Field day

<Alisa POV>

As I arrived at the front gate, I saw Elias patiently waiting. His stance was so attractive and also his outfit a knee-height brown coat, a white buttoned shirt with cravat, a dark pants and a black formal boots made my heart beat flutter so much, he dressed like a prince in stories.

Though he doesn't want to be called prince so it's better that I shouldn't say it out loud, before I called out to him, he already saw me coming.

"There you are. I was thinking that you might be coming late and should have picked you up in front of the girl's dorm."

"Actually ~" He suddenly looked away and started to walk.

"You can explain while we're going to the train station. We don't want to be late."

"Ahh okay. Sure!"

That's odd, his kinda strict today, he'd usually let me explain for only a few seconds but he wants me to explain while we are on the way. Did he met someone on his way that it made him a little bit annoyed? Or did he wait for me for too long?

I guess that I'll just have to ask him if he waited for me for too long. As we arrived at the train station, we boarded the train bound to my hometown and we went inside our compartment coach.

Elias had already sat down then was reading a book. I sat down on the other side, he doesn't want to be disturbed if I sat beside him, then put my bag beside me and stared outside for a second then asked Elias.

"Hey, Elias. Did you wait for me for too long?"

He didn't make eye contact with me instead he was focused on his book while answering. "Just a little bit." 

"Sorry, I should have been early so that you didn't have to wait."

"It's fine you were on time anyway."

And with that I haven't thought of anything else what to say to him. It's better that I should not disturb him while reading so I stared outside with my head leaning on the window but I felt my eyes getting heavy, looks like I'm not used to getting up early.

I drifted to sleep then dreamed about a beautiful princess petting a beautiful fox. She suddenly looked at my direction and was telling me about something and a bright light was covering the princess that it made me looked away but I slowly opened my eyes to see myself falling asleep.

To my surprise, Elias was beside me still reading a book but closed it when I woke up and my head was leaning on his shoulder.

"Did you have a nice nap? We are almost there."

Suddenly my cheek became hot that I just nodded on his question.

"Sorry for being too strict on you a while ago. I just thought of something so I shouldn't have put my anger on you."

"It's fine. I understand!"

I looked at Elias and asked him why he was beside me.

"Ummmm.... E-Elias."

I was having second thoughts to ask him but its now or never.

"Why are you sitting beside me now? And why is my head leaning on your shoulders?"

Slowly I lifted my head to see his face but his eyes was surprised and I could see that he was hesitating to answer. His face started to redden.

"Well, after our conversation a while ago, you became quiet and I thought I've said something that might upset you. So I took a glance at you but you were already sleeping, I had to sit beside you and carefully put your head on my shoulders so that you may sleep comfortably."