Chapter 3: Assignment

<Alisa POV>  

Before the class ended, Headmaster Randolph announced to the class about an assignment.

"You'll choose your partner to go to a place in your next field day, study their magical festivities then write your observations and you'll pass your writings on our next meeting. That will be all, class dismissed."

Upon hearing the assignment, I suddenly got excited to go to a place with a partner. That means I can be with Elias the whole day and it will be our first date.

I calmly approached Elias in his seat while he was still fixing his things.

"Hey Elias, let's work hard for our assignment."

"Yeah. You already know that I always do my best."

Elias evaded my eyes at first but looked at me.

"Have you ever thought of a place to go?"

"Now that you mention it, I got nothing in my mind yet."

Elias took a minute to think but as he was about to answer, Luca butted in our conversation.

"Hey Alisa, want to go with me to the Moon Village?"

He wrap his arms around my shoulder, looked at me and gave me a mischievous smile.

"L-Luca!"

I was surprised when Luca put his arms on my shoulders.

"You should hang out with different partners you know?"

Elias interjected with our conversation and aimed a sharp glare at Luca with crossed arms.

"Get your hands off her!"

Luca removed his arms around me and sighed. I looked at Elias and I could tell that it made him a little bit pissed off

"Whoa! Easy there Prince Elias."

"I told you to not call me that."

As usual the two isn't in good terms, looking at Elias he really is annoyed. So I faced Luca and told him.

"Sorry Luca but Elias is my buddy so I can't be partnered with somebody else."

"Aww, that's a shame. I'll just ask Yukiya instead. See you around Alisa and Elias!"

As soon as he was leaving he gave a mischievous smile again then winked at us. I looked at Elias and he was already staring at me then left a big sigh.

"I already told you to never let your guard down."

"Sorry."

He stared at me for a few seconds then sighed then we continued to talk about our assignment before we were interrupted.

"Anyways, I heard that in your place you light lanterns at the river."

"Oh yeah, it's this time of the year too."

"Why don't we go to your place then?"

As I heard about Elias' suggestion going to my place I was both happy and nervous. It's the first time I'm going to show Elias my hometown.

"S-sure."

I slightly blushed and I could feel that my heart was beating so fast.

"Great! Let's meet at the front gate of Gedonelune at 8 am tomorrow. Don't be late."

"Got it! Ummm.... Elias, you go on ahead and wait for me at the garden. I just need to fix my things"

"You should've fixed your things before approaching me you know but knowing you. Fine, I'll wait for you at the garden"