Chapter 6: Reciprocation

Miles away from Gedonelune Royal Magic Academy, there lies an abandoned castle. A cloaked man entered and went straight to the throne room. A post was in the center of the throne room and on top of it is a beautiful golden crown with a ruby at its center.

As the cloaked man slowly reached the crown with his right hand, it suddenly released a spark and he immediately withdrew his hand.

"Tch! I really need that girl, she is the answer to all of this before its too late."

He immediately left the throne room and put a spell on the door so that no one will dare to enter except for himself only.

*Back at Reitz*

As the two finished sailing a water lily lantern at the river, Alisa toured Elias in her hometown. The town was full of stalls, streets filled with people wherever you go and it was one happy festival.

There were laughter of children and music that was heard, food you could smell miles away and streamers that you could see hanging from house to house.

<Alisa POV>

The streets are filled with people, Elias was walking in front of me and I was just inches away from him. I don't want to get separated from him so I tugged on his brown coat then he noticed it that he stopped walking and faced me.

"What is it?" he crossed my arms and glared.

"I don't want you to get lost and be separated."

"*sigh*  Fine you can hold onto my coat for a little while."

I felt relieved but at the same time there is a feeling in my heart that I couldn't describe, a feeling like I'm running out of air, I didn't paid much attention to it. We went to the plaza and there was some people dancing and I have a great idea.

If Elias wants to know and write a paper about this festivities, we might as well join this dance. I know this dance very well.

"Let's join in Elias!"

His eyes widened when I pulled him in the center of the plaza to dance with me.

"W-wait a minute! I don't know the dance."

"It's fine. Just follow the steps of the men" I giggled.

In no time, he got the hang of the dance and he was brightly smiling. He was dancing like a prince, we were dancing together in the center surrounded in a big circle of people then the music ended. People clapped at our performance and joyfully shouted at us saying "Encore! Encore!"  but one by one people started to leave to prepare for the next event to do.

My face was just inches away from his face and our gaze met, I could feel his heart beat racing and pounding in his chest for our bodies was inches away. It's like we are in a fairy tale, he is the prince that I'm destined with.

"Like a prince from a fairy tale."

I clamped my hand over my mouth when I said it out loud to him, immediately I stepped away from him. My heart leapt so fast that I could feel it and I was catching my breath.

Saying it out loud without thinking, I'm embarrassed on facing him right now that I covered my face with my hands and sat with my knees together. He doesn't want to be called prince, he might be annoyed by now.

"I-I'm not mad nor annoyed at what you said."

I'll still don't want to face him.

"Alisa, i-i-it's fine if you call me a prince just this time. It's true that if feels like a fairy tale while we are dancing and I'm your prince in this dance."

Slowly, I stood up, removed my hands from my face and faced him but I wasn't looking at him in his eyes instead I was looking at my right. In my peripheral vision, I could see that his face was turning red and was scratching his neck.

"A-a-are you sure?" embarrassingly asking him 

"Y-y-y-yeah."

We were both so embarrassed at ourselves but I find it so funny that we are not kids anymore but this feels like its the first time we have fallen in love with each other.

"Hahahahahahaha!"

I laughed at our situation then he also laughed. It feels great to dance with him, he really is a good dancer.

"You quickly learned the dance."

"It was easy to follow." He smiled and looked at me

"That's the great Elias!" giggling while saying it.

"Ha ha very funny. So what's the next event that everyone is preparing?"

Right! I almost forgot it's time for the sky lanterns and also for me telling him how I feel. I should let Elias light the sky lantern.

"We should make a sky lantern, it's almost night time and we should fly one."

"Another lantern lighting huh?" averting his eyes

"Is there something the matter?"

"N-nothing."

Not far from the plaza is the grassy fields and this is where we will fly one sky lantern with a partner. I grabbed my wand to make a lantern.

"Are you sure you can make a lantern? If you want, I'll do it so that it can save much time."

Doubtfully looking at me, I won't screw this up. I just need to concentrate to make this magic spell work.

"I got it."

I closed my eyes and concentrate on the form of the lantern then I said the full incantation.

"Grant me the power to create. Pario Lumina!"

The tip of my wand was surrounded by light then it was getting bigger in front me, as the light gradually disappears, a beautiful sky lantern was in front of me.

"Great job on casting a create spell."

"Our training must've paid off. Now, you light this up."

"Since you created the lantern, it'll be my honor to light this up."

Elias grabbed his wand and with a flicker of his hand he enchanted.

"Flama Flamio!"

Light enveloped the wick of the sky lantern and we were both holding it. I felt cold feet that my mind was going blank and wanting to not tell him now.

"Let's make it fly now, Alisa."

It made me realize the fun, sweet and memorable things we did so I have to do it.

"E-E-Elias." I looked at him and his purple eyes is very alluring, I don't know what to say first but all I know is...

"I fell in love with you when you saved me from the tower. I never told you how I really feel until now, you already showed me how you feel and I was delighted. I'm clumsy and not good at casting spells but I'll do my best to become a worthy wizard in the future..... So, Elias, I love you!"

We both let go of the sky lantern and it flew up in the air, next thing I did was I kissed him on the cheeks.