Chapter 7: Moment

<Alisa POV>

As I kissed his left cheek after letting go of our lantern. I took one step back away from him and waited for his answer, his left hand was on his left cheek where I kissed him, his eyes widened and his face reddened til his ears.

"I-I-I don't know what to say."

"He he, it's fine if you can't tell it right away."

"It's so like you, being so bold to confess but I didn't expect that kiss on my cheek. I can't help being cool right now, Alisa but it made me speechless. I won't hold back any longer now and tell you everything."

I gave him a direct eye contact.

"I did a little research about your hometown and I came across this sky lantern, I never thought that you beat me in telling how you feel but I'm glad you told me everything you want to tell. I love you too, Alisa. I'm not a perfect boyfriend but I'll try my best to show my love for ---."

Before he even finished his sentence, I quickly hugged him with tears of joy and he hugged me back. Colorful fireworks was lighting the night sky, someday in the future we will return to this place to reminisce our true feelings.

"ehem!"

I quickly stepped away again to let him get some air. "S-s-sorry."

"Let's head back to your house and call it a day." looking at a different direction and blushing

"Y-yeah!"

Without thinking, I grabbed his hand and walked beside him. He didn't removed my hand instead he firmly held on to mine. My heart is still racing from what I did but it made me feel relieved when I said all those words to him.

As we reached my house, I opened the door and carbuncle was happy to see me again. I didn't let carbuncle nor grimoire come because of too many people so we decided that we should just bring a few things in town.

"Squeee!"

"Sorry for leaving you alone here in the house carbuncle but we'll tour the town tomorrow before we go back to Gedonelune." patting him on the head

"I'll just sleep here on the couch."

"There is a vacant room upstairs so you can use it."

"It's too embarrassing for me that you'll be giving me a room."

"You're a guest here at my house, so guest should be treated right."

I thought that the atmosphere will get a little awkward but I'm glad that it didn't turned that way. Wait, didn't Elias was angry when we were at the train and he felt a little uncomfortable while going to the train station, so I asked him the question. "Hey, Elias."

"Yeah?" while looking at the books on the book shelves and took one book to scan.

"You said that you did a little research at my hometown so that means while we were walking going to the train and while we were at it, you felt a little uncomfortable about the sky lantern right?"

He closed the book and put it away, averting his eyes while covering his mouth with his hand. "S-sorry, I just want to show you how romantic I am but you beat me to it. Even though you were the first one to do it, I'm still glad."

"It's fine! That's Elias for you. Always ahead of you but I still love him no matter what."

I smiled and leaned in closer to him because I can see that his face are turning red up to his ears. He is embarrassed at his confession.

"C-c-c-cut it out leaning closer to me. Let's get some rest already and we will be leaving early tomorrow." giggling at his expression.

I looked at him while he was going to the extra room and my heart beating so fast while remembering all the things that happened.

Ack! I kissed him on his cheeks! My cheek turned red and remembered the tale when I told him my feelings. It's just a tale and both of us has a long way to go. Grimoire suddenly talked.

"Ahhhh youth ~ full of surprises. I wish I could go back to my youth to be so bold to confess."

"GRIMOIRE!!!! I-I-IT'S NOT L-L-LIKE THAT!"

What am I thinking? I forgot that grimoire was there on top of the table, he was just silent all time and heard all of our conversations. I feel like it's gonna be awkward when I face Elias tomorrow morning.

I headed to my room to get some clothes to change when I finish taking a bath later. As I head towards the bathroom, the door opened and saw Elias coming out. He was only wearing a towel and his upper body is so damn gorgeous.

My jaw dropped, cheeks becoming red and my heart started to race again. "I-I forgot to bring my clothes inside the bathroom and I thought you were at your room." Looking away from me.

"I-It's fine. Please excuse me now." I couldn't help but to immediately pass him after replying and I saw a glimpse of his face blushing. This atmosphere is making me awkward.

After I took a bath and changed my clothes, I went to my room, sat down on the chair in front of my table with a mirror then brushed my hair. I never knew about this would happen becoming awkward whenever I see him.

"Squee?" Carbuncle floated right in front of me as if comforting me.

"Sorry carbuncle for spacing out. What am I going to do now? I now feel awkward when I see him, is it because of me confessing to him and also the dance?"

"Squee."

I just left a big sigh and lie down on my bed.

"Let's just go to bed now, carbuncle."

I turned the lights off and drifted to sleep.

As I drifted to sleep, I saw the princess again in my nap while at the train. Her beautiful silky blue hair with a beautiful golden crown on her head, and her eyes like the ocean. We were facing at each other, this feels real.

"You......." the princess said

"Wait! Who are you?"

She turned her back as if she was going to disappear but I chased her and reached my hand to her but alas she completely disappeared from my sight.

Who was she?

What is she saying?

Was that dream real?