Prologue

Above the clouds and past the horizon, the ancient statue of the legendary dragon Storm stood brawny before the dragon himself. Next to his side was a younger, slimmer dragon of dark blue and purple, with silvery black scales marking an undertone. Storm scraped the bottom of the cloudy stone statue, looking up at it in awe. The other dragon, with black pits for pupils, stared darkly into his eyes. "It is of the most extreme importance to me." Storm shook his head and directed it to the beautiful dragon to his side. "Cloud?" Storm echoed. Cloud brought her talon before her snout and replied "I can handle it." Storm handed Cloud a small blue medallion, watching her shift it through her talons. "What is it?" Cloud boomed as she pushed it into her powdery pouch. Storm lifted his snout and gripped Cloud's talon, rubbing her palm with his thumb-like claw. He nuzzled her muzzle and then slid his talon down to the pouch. "Just keep it safe." Storm said, watching Cloud's eyes flutter back and forth. Storm pulled back and soothed her talon once more, dragging her curious eyes to his side. The silver on Storm's talons glimmered in the dawn sunlight, showing the specks of yellow underneath them. Cloud backed away from Storm, her transparent cyan wings flaring. Storm's eyes, gentle and calm, laid on her patch of black scales marking her neck. Storm's claw shifted to point to the scar of gray-black scales. "Cloud, wait." Storm gestured to the black devouring her scales. The black spread over her like poison, smearing dark gray across her purple scales. Cloud touched the black on her neck and slid her claw to the wound site, an obvious mark from a NightWing. "You were down there, in Pyrrhia." Storm said, wobbling over to touch the black scar. Cloud looked down and jerked her claw to the side. Her eyes were still pitch black, yet lightening into a purple-brown haze. She looked down and laid her tail on the ground, intertwining it with Storm's. "It was a NightWing named Mythmauler, when I was going down to look upon Pyrrhia, and he came with a RainWing. The RainWing was named Eucalyptus and they had never seen a LightningWing. They freaked out and claimed I would fit Burn's collectibles, so I fled. Eucalyptus blasted a few drops of poison at my neck, with Mythmauler shooting his fire too. The two attacks combined and created a poison bomb, spraying it on my neck. I did shoot some lightning, but I think I missed by a long shot, considering I was flying through fiery dust." Storm's claws dragged over the scar and he covered it with his talon, staring blankly at Cloud. "Don't ever bring this medallion down to Pyrrhia, Cloud, never." Cloud flared her wings once more, letting the colorful cyan-teal blue show. "I promise, Storm, I promise." Storm backed away from Cloud and lifted his wings, letting them dissolve in wind, then covering his chest with shocking dust, spreading with lightning around his body. As Storm began to dissolve Cloud stared in awe, tears dripping from her eyes. "Storm." Cloud beckoned as she trembled under the powerful wind. In sheer milliseconds, Storm was gone. Cloud stumbled over to the ash and dust where Storm once stood and wept, falling to her haunches. She clutched the medallion in her talons and rubbed her claw on it, then loosening her grip. Cloud, rage-shot, dropped the medallion into the clouds on which she stood, the medallion sifting through the air to . . . Pyrrhia.