Chapter 4 - Home

Wind whirled his wings in a circular manner,  letting one follow the other. Wind smiled and flapped his wings anxiously, tossing hurls of wind at Shock. Well, you wonder where his name came from. Seconds later, Mist bounded over to Wind, shielding her face with her wings to avoid his wacky tossing wings. She pounced on him, wrestling the bigger dragon to the side. Though Wind tossed her off, she still smiled, joyfully laughing. "Wind!" Mist screeched, pulling her wings in and out. Well, now come to think of it, Shock wanted only to take two dragons with him, and Mist was official, but between Thunder and Wind? Wind puffed a roar, and Shock roared back, rearing on his back haunches. "Surrender, or the mighty Shock will eat you!" Mist shouted, taking a talonfull of the clouds and launching it at Wind. He stammered back, leaning into some clouds that he tossed at Mist's face. She growled and pounced on him, drawing some blood from his tail. Shock pried Mist off of Wind, her furious look glaring at Wind, then smiling. Wriggling in Shock's talons, Mist flopped an flipped, trying to get released. Wind smiled and whipped his tail, flaring his wings at that. From what Shock knew, Wind was up all night, prowling the Lightning Kingdom. He wasn't even sure if Mist knew that, but after all, she could read minds. As the clouds sharpened over their heads, Shock was ready to depart. He flapped his wings and released Mist, who tumbled back onto Wind. Wind shot a bolt of lightning at her, and she jumped out of the way. "Hey, I'm heading home." Shock said, clutching the slab of stone to his underbelly. He watched Mist's pouch bounce on her chest as she pounce some swirling clouds. Wind nodded carefully and tackled Mist, who cheerfully yelled "See you, Shock!" and got back to playing. He stretched his wings out and let himself glide in the wind, his heart pounding. He could only take two. Three dragons would drive him crazy. He was sure Mist would come, but it was between both friends Thunder and Wind. His wings batted at the wind, consuming various amounts of air behind them. Eventually, a village of cloud huts appeared. He passed at least 7 huts trying to navigate his house. When he finally spotted the few stones making a garden around a hut, he straightened his wings and glided into a small space of land in between another hut and the rocks. Shock folded in his wings and ducked into the little hut. Two dragons, both adults, scowled around in anger. When the noticed Shock hunch in, one of them, the smaller one, clawed his tail. "Get in here, Shock." She said, pulling on his front talons. This was his mother, Rainbow, and the bulkier male dragon was his father, Air. Shock whipped his tail at the cloud wall, Rainbow catching it with her jaw. "OW!" He yelped as she unhinged her jaw. "What?" Shock said, Air curling his tail next to his head as he laid down. Rainbow drug her wings over to the corner of the hut and wrapped her tail around Air's. Rainbow announced "Ray came and told us you lost AGAIN." He scowled. Ray was hard to beat. She was still a dragonet, but she was really powerful. The hut was big enough to hold at least 6 full grown dragons, which made it pretty big. Shock let his wings expand as he announced "Ray is HARD. She should have been chosen for the prophecy." Shock, raged, expanded his wings and nearly smacked Air in the snout. "No, she is training you. Toughen up, kid." Air said, pulling his wings in and out. Shock closed his wings back close to his body and sat down, almost blocking the doorway. Later on, Rainbow sat down, twining her tail with Air's and leaned against his free wing. On the opposite side of the room, Shock thought over the prophecy. He leaned his head on the cloud wall, imitating his father. Wind was playful and kept Mist great company, which would benefit him. But Thunder was strong and smart, destined for some trip like this. Between the two, Shock was leaning towards having Thunder at his side. Suddenly, a young dragonet burst through the entrance, burying her face in the clouds and smiling. That was his sister, Rain. Both Rainbow and Air raised their heads to acknowledge the tumbling dragonet. Rain hopped over to Shock, who flapped his wings to shove her away. "Shock! Come on, let's go play! Later tonight is Queen Droplet's ball! Come on, Shock, come on!" Shock cocked his head to glance at his parents, who nodded carefully. He briskly pulled his wings in and stood, standing at Rain's short tail. "I know where Wind and Mist are playing tonight! Thunder and Star might be there too." Shock whipped his tail at her wing, and she dropped back to run out into the pitch black. Close behind, Shock followed, lifting his wings so the cyan undertone reflected off the moon. He jumped into the air, catching his balance with his overly large wings. Rain swerve ahead of him as he caught closer, then seeing the clouded area filled with four dragonets. Rain dropped to the cloud anxiously and fell on Star, a very yellowish-purple dragon. Star pushed her off and flared her wings as Shock came in for a landing. The odd thing about Star was the yellow that she had everywhere, and the less and less purple you found on her scales. Thunder bounded over to Shock, who scowled deeply. "I can't wait to see Queen Droplet. The scrolls say she has the most elegant features of any dragon throughout Pyrrhia and any other." Shock smirked and pushed Thunder over. "Stop being a know-it-all, Thunder! We're here to play, not listen to one of your wonderful history lessons again!" Shock flexed his claws and toppled Thunder, who scrambled under his weight. Star and Mist had to pull Shock off together. Shock let himself drop onto the field of clouds and stared up at the stars, until he felt wings brush his sides. Mist had rolled one of her wings onto his as she watched the stars as thoroughly as he did. "They're beautiful." Mist said, clawing at a star. "Like Star herself." Mist was right. Star was beautiful. She glimmered in the sunsets and shined at dusk. Shock once had feelings for Star, and he still sort of does. Mist puffed a breath as the ringing chimes went off in the distance. Queen Droplet's ball was starting.