Chapter 1 - Pyrrhia

Talons briskly flew in the air. Wings of a dragonet sifted the air. Fumbling under his power, the dragon fell to their haunches in response to a breath-taking blow. At the dragonet's foot, glimmering red and white teeth wrapped around his ankle, bringing him to his knees. "Stop! Stop!" He cried as the other dragon unwrapped her teeth. "You are such a wimp, Shock. This training is especially to train you for . . . Pyrrhia." Shock threw his tail to the side as he plopped down. Pyrrhia seemed interesting to him, since his head had been in the clouds his whole life. "Hey, Ray. You know what? I've been wondering - have you been to Pyrrhia? Why is Pyrrhia important? Wha-" Ray shushed Shock. Shock looked wide-eyed at Ray, his head bobbing back and forth. "Shock, it isn't important, especially for you. You'd never live long enough down there to fulfill the prophecy." Shock had known for a while now that there had been a prophecy supposedly talking about him. Personally written by Storm himself, this prophecy was dedicated to Shock to find the lost gem of Storm. Ray fluttered her wings and shook him out of his daze. "Shock, finish the battle." She boomed. Ray was at least 8 years old, but she still was a dragonet. She never told Shock how old she really was, and he thinks that was just to annoy him. Ray flicked him with her wing, then following with her tail. Shock yelped and roared, he thought the Pyrrhia dragons call it thunder. He dug his talons into the clouds under his feet, stiffening at Ray's glance. "RAY!" Shock yelped and dug his claws into the flesh on her undertone. Ray winced and smiled, dragging Shock from his tail to his feet. "You've got to try harder." She said, whipping him with her tail again. He dodged the attack and whipped her with his tail, then flashing her jaw with his wing. Ray wobbled back, wiping blood from her cheek onto her talon. She smiled and tackled him, pinning his shoulders to the puffy clouds. Shock snapped his jaw at her face, but she rose her head higher and snarled. "I believe I had to finish it." She snapped, lifting her talons off Shock. Ray turned and galloped off, lifting her blue, majestic wings into the air. She hovered for a moment, shoving Shock to the side. Ray lifted her head and roared, so strong and bold. Her tail once again whipped at his side, but he cowered under her and she missed. "Get stronger, or did Storm choose the wrong one?" Her wings lifted her higher, past the glimmering sunset's orange transparent color. She flew off into the sunset as he backed up and into a small puff of clouds. "She DEVOURED you." A squeaky voice from behind echoed. "You know, I bet a RainWing could beat you, Shock." Shock spun around to see a tiny dragonet with small wings, and two off-colored eyes, the color of the white haze that they lived on. Typically, LightningWing dragons are seen to have blue, purple, or even orange eyes, but this dragonet had pure white eyes. Shock narrowed his eyes and pushed the dragonet to the side. "Whatever, Mist, it was perfectly fine." Shock whipped Mist with his over grown tail and she covered his snout with her wing. "Okay," She said, pushing Shock back with her wing. "I understand that you are trying and that I have never really met a RainWing to judge you off of," she hopped in front of Shock, whacking his underbelly with her back talon. "But I still know DEVOURING when I see it." Her snout adjusted itself into a smirk, and she slithered her tail behind her on the fluffy white. "Well, guess what, Mist? I have the opportunity to go down to Pyrrhia and see what a RainWing looks like and along with that, a NightWing, SeaWing, MudWing, SandWing, SkyWing, and an IceWing. At that, leaving you up here to mope and grown about never getting to experience that." Mist let her wings droop to her sides and moved aside from Shock, to where he started walking ahead of her. Shock walked a while until he detected that Mist was stalking him. He whipped around to see Mist low on her haunches, crawling almost at his ankles. "Mist, were you STALKING me?" Shock's voice ran to a high tune, trying to match Mist's, but ended up making a scratchy sound. She leapt to her feet and scraped a scale on her leg, showing she was excitedly nervous. She closed her jaw and then snapped it back open, letting out her poorest attempt to roar. Shock rubbed his forehead and said dramatically "Mist, I'm sorry to say it, but you are failing a roar." She smiled and patiently clawed at the ground. Looking down, she replied "I wasn't trying Shock." She wrapped her tiny wings around his body and tossed him behind her, letting his wings fall at her feet. Shock laid, shocked, and pulled himself up when the tiny dragonet came tumbling on top of him. She laughed and pushed him back and forth, his scales scraping against her talons. With a flash of light, Shock immediately was dropping out of the Lightning Kingdom, wind hurling at his face. He could hear Mist's muffled yells as he fluttered his wings to catch balance. He was falling into Pyrrhia. His legs immediately went numb, and his wings began to falter. He eventually whipped his body upright and caught himself about halfway through the air. His eyes were directed up, to the dragonet staring blank-eyed at Shock. His wings furiously flapped so he rose above Pyrrhia. The whole place was flowing in green. He could see the yellow sandy Sand Kingdom, the specks of a palace making the Sky Kingdom, a circular formation creating the Sea Kingdom, muddy marshes marking the Mud Kingdom, clusters of beautiful trees making the Rain Kingdom, and far off to where he could not see was the Ice Kingdom. This was the initial place that Shock was destined to go. He lifted himself carefully back into the clouds, letting himself drop onto the powdery white. He tossed his head down to hang from his neck, panting in disbelief. "It was all real." He puffed. "Pyrrhia, it was all real all along." Panting, he looked over to Mist. She gave him a confused look. Concerned at her look, he gestured to her. "I've believed it existed all along, Shock. Never tried to falter on wondering what it may really be." She shoved Shock to the side and gazed into his eyes. "I've always thought it never was real, that I never was prophesied." Was it really true that Shock would eventually go to Pyrrhia?