Hate To Feel

"I want to leave

"I want to leave." I told Corey stubbornly. I kept saying over the past two days that I want to go home.

I don't want to be here around Sid. The thought of him makes me sick to my stomach.

"I don't care. I'm not letting you go home and be alone." Corey said harshly. I looked down to my cut and bruised hands and sighed heavily.

I felt the tears coming again and I looked up, trying not to let them fall.

Corey placed his hand on my shoulder.
"You're gonna get through this, Ashlee. I'm gonna make sure of it. We're gonna make sure of it." Corey said.

I looked at him and saw concern on his face. "Stop fucking worrying about me already." I said to him, wiping my face with the sleeve of my long sleeve tee.

"What if I asked you to come on stage with us tonight and do some backup vocals?" Corey proposed. I looked at him with widened eyes.

"Shawn suggested it and Chris agreed. It's one hell of a way to get anger out."
He said, "Plus, I know you know every word." He added with a wink and a nudge.

I gave him a small smile. "Fine." I whispered to him.

Slipknot slowly piled on stage and got into place. I saw Sid turn his head towards me.

I didn't come to the show last night because I didn't want to see him. The only reason I'm here tonight is because I had Corey, Shawn and Chris gang up on me to have me come out.

Corey said his introduction to the crowd after they opened the show with their first song, People=Shit.

"How we doing out there fuckers?!" He screamed into the crowd, getting loud yelling as a response.

There were thousands of people here to see them which warmed my heart. I was so happy that they were making something of themselves.

"We have a special guest who will be joining us on stage tonight! She's a lifelong friend of all of us! Please welcome Ashlee, who will be doing backup vocals along Clown and Chris over here!"

The crowd yelled louder and Chris started rubbing the nose of his mask causing me to laugh. I walked out onto the stage feeling extremely nervous.

I was wearing a black jumpsuit that didn't have a number on it but still had the slipknot S on it. I also didn't have a mask - but I had painted my face white with thick black around my eyes and black lips.

It was similar to Joey's mask but without the extra vertical lines. I felt a tap on my back and saw a guy standing there with a mic.

I took it from him and shot him a bird, earning cheers from the crowd; That made my heart flutter.

"Give me a scream, Ashlee!" Corey screamed into the mic, much like I did for him in the studio recording their self-titled album.

The crowd went completely silent and I hesitated for only a second before smirking at Corey. I brought the mic up to my mouth and let out the loudest scream I could muster.