C h a p t e r N i n e

{Sorry about this chapter being weird and publishing before the author's note, it doesn't matter though, it's just giving me OCD}

Laff's POV

I awoke to the smell of someone cooking bacon. Yawning, I opened my eyes and was greeted by Hercules in the kitchen with a frying pan. Expecting the others to be there, I looked around the living room, but everyone apart from those who live here had gone. The bright sun shone through the half open blinds, slightly filling the room with light, "Where is everyone, mon amie?"

"Huh? Oh mornin' Laff, they all went home, it's nearing 12:00," Hercules replied with a smile.

12:00? I had almost missed half of the day! I noticed he was also still in his pyjamas - a bear onesie. I think after what had happened, we required a 'lazy day'. I was still a little traumatised by being in the same room as Peggy in that game. The things she said about me and Hercules... If I would have said that in front of my mother, she would have smacked me. I looked down at myself, realising I was wearing my panda onesie: I was looking quite pathetic if I do say so myself. It takes a little amount of skill to pull off a onesie, yet I somehow looked like an imbecile.

"So, Laff, you hungry?" Hercules asked interrupting my train of thought. I nodded and went to join him in the kitchen. He was cooking bacon, hence the aroma, and eggs. Staring at the pan, I admired his skills with cooking. Cooking was one of the little things I was actually good at so I suppose I took pride in that. We stood in silence, unable to think of any conversation topics.

Alex's POV

I listened in through the wall at their weak conversation. They needed to confess their love soon. Heck, we're almost at chapter ten, it can't go on like this! John, who was still in bed watching anime about English butlers, overheard the level of awkwardness and scoffed. We've been trying to hook Herc up with someone, but stopped a few months ago because of the failed attempt with Maria Reynolds.

"John?"

"Yeah?"

"I have an idea for hooking Laff and our Boi Herc up," I said, turning to face him. He nodded wanting to hear how this plan would go. Basically, Herc has loads of work to do, and if he doesn't do it, he'll be in a hella bad mood; and he usually likes to be alone when doing work, so if we all leave the household, Herc can do work. John nodded following my plan.

"How'd we get Lafayette out then?"

I explained to him that him and Lafayette could go shopping somewhere, then John could talk him into a relationship with him! And whilst those two are gone, I can talk to Herc. Wow, I smiled at the first plan we'd ever made that actually contained logic. We'd have to hurry because we'd already lost half of the day sleeping in. Walking into the sitting room from the hallway, we were greeted by breakfast on the table. Herc was really useful sometimes!

*Time skip to after breakfast cause I cba to write how indulgent it was*

John's POV

Finishing off the last remains of bacon, Alex and I leapt into action. Alex whipping out his MacBook and pretending to do work, and me striking up a conversation with Lafayette.

"Hey Lafayette!"

"Oh, bonjour John!"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come shopping with me later, so we can get to know each other more."

"Umm, D'accord, oui I would like that!" He replied smiling. Herc stared at me in confusion as I winked at him. He rolled his eyes and went back to washing the dishes. Lafayette quickly got changed; grabbed his wallet, putting into my tote bag; and we left the house wishing Alex and Herc fair well. Now the plan would fall neatly into place, like a jigsaw or something like that.