C h a p t e r S i x t e e n

{Now you get to see who was behind Laff!}

Herc's POV Lmao

He could be anywhere by now! The next few minutes waiting for the bus had been the worst few minutes I'd ever had in my life. Firstly, I had managed to lose a human being - this wasn't like your usual missing cat, this was a missing Frenchman. Secondly, it had suddenly turned freezing and the right bus was late. I was a nervous wreck sat at a bus stop, outside of a zoo. Why did everything I did to try and be nice to people always end up... like this?

I mean, we tried to be nice to the Lee gang back in high school but getting into that subject wasn't going to calm me down. Sighing, I got up to stretch my legs; sitting down for more than ten minutes had really taken its toll on my joints. If Laff hadn't previously been beaten up, I would be as nervous, but the problem was, he had. I couldn't just forget about him, he didn't know where to go, what stop to get off at... God knows what would happen if someone approached him over there.

Seriously, I was terrified. If only I had my car, we wouldn't be in this mess. Glancing at the timetable, I double-checked in case any buses to where Laff might be were coming but the next one was tomorrow afternoon. Why couldn't I just lead a normal carefree life without having to worry at all?

Eventually, the bus did come, yet there was no-one else on it. Handing the driver my money, I sighed and slumped down on a seat. I would've literally given anything for Laff to be sat next to me; absolutely everything fitted into that category. Soon enough, I'd be back home and Alex and John would be able to help me. Speaking of those too, I decided to give Al another call. I dialled the number and prayed he'd pick up.

"Herc?" Thank God.

"It's about time you picked u-"

"Herc, do you think you could get home quickly? It's John."

"What about John?"

"I can't explain over the phone cause I'm in Walmart but I'll be back home in five. Okay, bye!"

What was that all about? I swear sometimes those two exaggerate everything. Sighing, I stared out of the window - Laff could be anywhere out there right now. I wasn't too sure where exactly his bus was heading, but I'd much rather him be with me. On the way to my apartment, I passed Princeton College. Apparently, there'd been something going around with two tutors. I wasn't too sure the exact details but I believed Mr Washington was involved in some way. How the dad figure could be the centre of gossip amused me.

Even thinking of college reminded me of Laff; I swear I almost felt tears well up in my eyes. After a while, we arrived at the stop fortunately straight outside of my apartment. Thanking the driver, I got off the bus and shoved the door to the blocks open. Once again enduring the stairs, I reached halfway and stared out of the window. Somewhere out there, Laff'd be there, it pained me to think of what he was feeling. After another five minutes, I was at the top. I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door to find a stressed looking Alex.

"Oh Herc, thank God you're here!" He sighed in relief whilst unpacking a load of stuff from Walmart. "Why what's the matter with John?"

"Nothing, I lied so you'd get here quicker, but hear me out it's importan-"

"Yeah? You know what is important? LAFF'S IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND I HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE WHERE HE IS! YOU CALLED ME HERE FOR NOTHING?"

"W-what?"

"I haven't got a clue where he is," I spat. He looked at me in disbelief whilst John came running into the sitting room from the hallway, "Guys, why're you shouting?"