C h a p t e r T h i r t y f i v e

{So this thing's a year old now, happy birthday Smol Fry, and like, I've been revising the hell out of Romeo and Juliet, I ship Mercutio and Benvolio, anyone else?}

Herc's POV

The only thing that I didn't miss about Ireland was my dad's bland taste in cereal, and how we literally only had cornflakes in the cupboard. Although I was pretty happy to be back, spooning the tasteless cereal into my mouth, from an antique bowl that they should've thrown away years ago, sat at the table with a bowl full of fake fruit that my dad tried to eat once and almost choked wasn't necessarily fun. Lafayette seemed pretty happy to be eating disgusting cereal that tasted like plastic, sat with my parents who were unaware that we were dating.

"Is your shirt enjoying the cereal, Herc?" My dad sniggered as my mom shot us both stern looks.

Looking down, I realised I must've zoned out for a few moments, cause my shirt was covered in the dreaded stuff. Both Laff and my dad stifled chuckles whilst I death glared everyone in the room, and stood up to get a new shirt.

"Hercules Mulligan, would you get your ass over here and put your dish in the dishwasher," my mom commanded from across the room. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Laff swipe both bowls and put them into the dishwasher, "Aww, thanks sweetie, you didn't have to, Herc should learn!"

She said the last part particularly loud...

Either way Laff followed me up the stairs, knowing exactly how to avoid awkward conversations with my mom. I adjusted my beanie whilst I walked through the door - it's a very hard art to master. I began rummaging through my suitcase as the French Fry sorta flopped down on the bed, it wasn't very often that I saw him relaxed like this. He stared intently at the ceiling, I wonder what he was thinking about. Smiling, I picked out a black polo shirt and threw it on my chair so I could put it on later, I also threw the cornflake shirt into the washing basket in the hallway. Ironically enough, my parents' house was way too hot despite being in Ireland, they always had the heating so high that you'd be colder in the core of the Earth.

A pair of eyes looked away from the ceiling, and glanced over at me and what I'd been working on at the gym. Lafayette's face instantly went red as immediately went back to gazing at the ceiling, I chuckled and decided that I might try and push my (Irish) luck. Because he was laying across the bed, the wrong way, his legs dangled over the edge, which gave me enough room to lay next to him. His face was so flushed he was practically radiating heat, at this rate, he'd end up being a nuclear threat. I poked him in his side and he squirmed and gently hit my arm, but then shuffled a tiny bit closer and rested his head on my shoulder - or at least as much as he could... mainly due to the fact that we were laying down.

"So, how's Ireland?" I asked him, wondering what he found so interesting in the ceiling.

"I haven't really seen that much of it... but your parents are so nice, Hercules! I suppose your mother is a tiny bit scary though..." He paused whilst I chuckled, "Thank you."

"For what," I began, slightly confused, "You  bought the tickets, Laff."

"Well, f-for... being nice to me, and putting up with me," he replied quietly.

"Laff, come on, of course I do, I love you."

With that, I commando rolled over until I was leaning over him; I guess I knew what he meant when he said that he resembled a tomato. His eyes kinda locked with mine, not the creepy way you lock eyes with the bus driver, but almost like a first kiss kinda thing. And that was exactly what I was planning on doing. As his face continued to redden, I smirked and leaned in. Laff's eyes widened as I smashed my lips onto his. I was looking for a bit more passion from him, but sure, it was only 9am. Meekly, he kissed back, and I opened my eyes to see a strawberry had replaced his complexion.