C h a p t e r T w e n t y

{Lil shout out to @A-Hamil for giving me an idea for some of the fabulous fluffy bits in this chapter and some in the next}

John's POV

"... And I simply twist the mop like so, and all the water drains out! No more getting your floor wet after you've cleaned your floor, and no more hassle. So, buy your 'Smart Mop' today from prices as small as $19.99!"

I was seriously losing the will to live. Alex was ignoring me and typing away on his laptop, Lafayette was asleep on the other sofa, and Herc was pretty much not existing in the corner. Blankly, I stared at the TV which was trying to sell me a 'Smart Mop', as the room grew even more boring. If you just happened to come into Herc's apartment, it was as if Christmas was non existent here. Seriously, the only thing festive was my jumper with flashing lights and snowmen that I had put on a few minutes ago. Jefferson had invited us to go camping - which I hadn't actually told Herc about - in five days, therefore it would be the 21st when we set off.

Five days was definitely worth putting up decorations in every place imaginable. There was only one small problem... How? At the moment, the only thing productive was Herc's dress design, and that wasn't going to help anything. Unless... Suddenly, it came to me; an idea to beat every single idea that was ever thought of! Sure, my plans weren't always great, but this one was truly magnificent. Whilst Alex looked up from his laptop to watch an advert about stationery, I sneakily grabbed his typing device and rushed into our room. Hearing a small shriek from the sitting room, I could tell he was coming. All of a sudden, the door burst open to reveal the man himself.

"John Laurens. Give me that laptop. Now." He demanded, staring me down.

"Or what?" I smirked, carefully placing the laptop on the floor without him seeing. With an almighty screech, he pounced onto the bed I was laying on and began to rugby tackle me. I wasn't too sure what his goal was, but it was probably just to release anger. Despite his shortness, he was actually pretty strong, and managed to... Ahem, pin me down.

"Give me the laptop John," he said with a devilish grin, I was kinda vulnerable now...

"It's on the the floor."

"Oh," he said, seemingly disappointed that I gave up so easily. Now wasn't the time to wrestle, or do whatever Al had planned, it was time for operation 'make Herc's apartment look festive'. I decided to work on the name later. After I closed the door, I informed him of my amazing plan. First, I'd text Herc as a fake customer asking him for a dress pick up at 8 o'clock. He'd start freaking out and take Lafayette with him to the shop. Whilst they were there, Al and I would work our Christmas magic and transform the house.

"That's actually a good plan..."

"Why do you sound so shocked?"

"You're the same guy who smashed up a fuse box."

He did have a point. Smiling, we both sat down on the bed and Al, making a new email and everything, gave me the phone to text Herc.

'Dear Mr Mulligan,

I do not wish to be of any inconvenience, but I have heard of your business and am rather impressed. As I have to attend a wedding soon, I require a dress and I have heard that you make ones of a very high standard. Despite it being short notice, I will be very grateful and impressed if you can make me a dress similar to this:

 Despite it being short notice, I will be very grateful and impressed if you can make me a dress similar to this: