C h a p t e r F o r t y t w o

{Do you ever wonder if these songs mean anything?}

Herc's POV

Yawning, I stared at myself in the mirror, wondering whether there was any point in taking care of myself and doing something about my black eye and bust lip. It seemed to have healed up since last night where it was practically gushing out, or at least that's what John told me, I couldn't actually remember shit from last night. Whatever I knew was from John and Alex, and by the sounds of it, I lost my shit and both Lee and I got beaten up pretty bad. Well at the very least, it was good to know that I landed a couple of punches on him, it was a bonus that I didn't lose any teeth or shit like that. Whilst I was observing the extent of the damage, a mop of frizzy hair walked into the bathroom.

"Mornin', Laff."

"Bonjour..." he replied sleepily, pulling the curls into some sort of hairstyle and wrapping it in a hair band.

As I leaned in to kiss him (appropriately, of course), I noticed that a obnoxious looking purple bruise had formed on the side of his face. Was that from last night? I swear to God, the next time I get my hands on Charles.

"Oh mon dieu, my face looks awful," he mumbled.

"Your face looks amazing, shut up," I replied, planting a kiss on his lips, "But I'm gonna strangle Lee next time I see him."

"M-mon amour?"

"Mm?"

"Just so no fights start out... I think you should know that, erm, it was not him who punched me," he said, his cheeks slightly pink.

"Then who did?"

He gave me a slightly awkward smile until it hit me. I groaned and put a hand at the back of my head, maybe now'd be a good time to stop drinking as much.

"Perhaps a party was not the best idea," he smiled.

"Yeah... Jesus Laff, I'm really sorry, I- Shit, you know I was drunk and..." I ended up trailing off, not being able to defend my drunk actions.

"It is okay, it was my fault for getting too close," he replied, but I wasn't going to stand for that.

"No, it's not; I shouldn't have picked that fight anyway," I sighed, ruffling his hair.

"I just put that up," he complained jokingly.

"Oops. Anyway, it looks better more natural."

"Do you think?"

"Mm."

"Mon Amour?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to- No, it- it does not matter."

"You sure?"

"Oui... positive."

Brushing my teeth, I attempted to remember exactly what happened. My memory was obviously a little fuzzy from all of the alcohol, the only thing I remembered was Aaron protecting Lee... I guess he really had to keep that act up. I placed the toothbrush back onto the sink and whilst deciding whether I actually needed to shave or not, I noticed Laff had left the bathroom. Sleepily, I trudged back into the hallway and flopped down on the sitting room sofa. Al, who I'd almost sat on, rolled his eyes and shuffled to the very end of the sofa. Sometimes I think they forgot who actually owned the apartment, and who weren't paying rent.

"Morning," I smiled, trying to be as cheery as I could manage.

"Mm," he grunted in return.

"What's up with you? Realised you owe me about $60 in rent?" I chuckled, punching his shoulder gently.