C h a p t e r F o u r t e e n

{I think I'm gonna add some George Squared later on in this book cause there isn't enough on wattpad and its my other OTP}

John's POV

"You're going to have to leave, the zoo is about to close in two minutes sir!"

We'd done it - we'd lost Herc and Lafayette. I mean, two tall guys were hardly easy to lose, but we'd managed it anyway. Alex was trying to tell the workers that they were still in there, but they just laughed. They didn't even offer to look for them, or at the very least, offer compensation for our lost children. Sighing, I began to try and reason with them but someone else hating us was the last thing we needed.

"Maybe they're at home, John?"

"We didn't see them leave!"

"Let's go home, John.'

"Not without Hercules and Lafayette!" I demanded. Our poor, starving children were in there and I refused to let our day of stalking them go to waste. Laffigan would be cannon! To be honest, it was feasible that they were back home watching Shrek or something. Actually, I would be heartbroken if they were watching Shrek without us, so, maybe we should go home?

"Please John, it's really cold out here and the bus is going to be arriving any min- It's here now," Alex pleaded. He was stood there shivering - I guess he still wasn't used to how different the weather is to the Caribbean. Although, I felt super bad for making him wait in the cold... Herc and Lafayette would probably be home, right?

"Okay, let's go," I smiled, Shrek awaiting me at the apartment.

Laff's POV

Hyperventilating. I was hyperventilating and I couldn't breathe at all. Panic was rushing through my head - we were breaking the law! Ducked behind a large bush sat me and Hercules, Hercules waiting for the night ranger to leave the area. We had ignored all announcements for the closing times and were now stuck whilst the zoo was closed. The sun had gone down about half an hour ago. Therefore it was dark. Dark and freezing.

"The coast is clear," He whispered but I stayed put. We were locked inside the zoo! Of course, I achingly wanted to see the albino alligator, but not like this. With a concerned look, he shook me a little, trying to convince me to move from my spot - it didn't work. Trying to regain my breathing pattern, I shut my eyes tightly and imagined I wasn't there at all.

"Come on, if we don't go now, there's a chance they'll spot us," he whispered again, but more softly this time. Fear was still rushing through my head, what if they did spot us? Wondering whether I would get a criminal record for this, I choked down my tears and nodded. "We don't have to see the alligator if you don't want to," he told me.

"I... I do want to see it but... Not get into trouble. You payed so much for those tickets though... Oui, okay, let's go," I replied, shaking a little. Under the dim light, Hercules grinned, "We need hand signals!"

After about five minutes explaining different hand signals, and another two remembering them, we were ready to go. Cautiously, he stood up and peered over the brim of the shrubbery. Signalling 'okay' to me, he ducked a little and tip-toed from behind the bush. Earlier, he had explained that recently, CCTV had been broken throughout the zoo so they couldn't see us from the cameras. After he was out of our hiding spot, he beckoned me to follow. Quickly but quietly, I followed, observing my surroundings as I went.