Chapter 5

3rd POV

"Hiya," Y/n chirped, her smile seeming to grow larger with every growing second.

The confusion in the room was palpable. Then again, the Batman called an emergency meeting (and when even did he have the time to do that?) and the whole reason is for a seemingly normal girl.

"So what's this? Wait, did you adopt again?" Flash hurriedly questioned. 

A smile so large it could have put the Joker to shame drew across her features as she dashed over to the Scarlet Speedster.

"It's really you! Pinch me I must be dreaming... Wait, wait, wait! I have it here somewhere..." Y/n babbled as she started to dig through her pockets. "Aha!" she found an object and placed that and a pen in the hands of the flummoxed hero. "Can I have your autograph?"

The speedster dumbly nodded, quickly signing her notebook before handing it back. Y/n hugged the tiny book to her chest and scampered around to the other heroes, trying to fill up her little possession.

"No Flash, and this is a serious predicament," Batman stated. "Our identities have been compromised."

Silence filled the room and all heads turned towards him.

"Jeez Brucie, way to drop the bomb," Y/n grumbled, obviously not really caring.

Forcing her to sit in one of the surprisingly comfortable chairs, Batman speaks once again. "This is now a high priority League matter. Manhunter, can you check to see when she's lying?"

"Sure," the green-skinned man replied. "But are you sure this girl is a threat?"

The Dark Knight stared into him, as if trying to eat his soul with only that glare before solemnly responding, "Absolutely."