[2.0]

I wanted to cry, laugh or get angry. Have you ever thought about dying and then get sent to darkness? After being in that darkness for so long, you were pushed out to consciousness, to reality and only to realize that you're freaking six years old again.

I blame whoever deity it was that has a grudge on me.

Memories of this life flooded my mind as soon as I realized I am not who I think I was. I wasn't Mei Lee anymore. I am named Kudo Shinobu now. I wasn't an only child anymore, I have a younger brother who's called Kudo Shinichi. I wasn't parentless anymore.

I have a mother who's called Kudo Yukiko and a father named Kudo Yusaku. And then, reality came crashing down on me like a ton of bricks. I died. I freaking died. Haha. Okay, okay, let's back up... I DIED. What happened to my belief? I was supposed to be sent to nirvana where I was supposed to forget everything and live comfortably.

Why is it I have to live again? Couldn't I just stay dead? I know what you're thinking. "Aren't you lucky to have a second chance in life?" No, no I'm not. I would've preferred to stay dead, thank you very much. I would have preferred to forget everything than to remember it all and realize that I will never see my aunt again.

It hurts, badly. I'm a seventeen years old teen—turned into a six years old girl. Just when I thought I could see my parents, even though I wouldn't recognize them. So, I was born Japanese and in a fictional world for that matter. Kudo. I was born in the freaking Kudo Family.

Not just any Kudo family. The Kudo family in the DC: Case Closed series. Just when I thought my life was a bit rough, my life now revolves around cases— mostly murder ones. I mean, come on, Shinichi is a Murder Magnet. I'm his sister. I'm bound to be a Murder Magnet, too.

I watched it a long time ago, I already forgot everything except for Shinichi's main concern— the Black Organization. They were the true villains of this world. As I look at Shinichi's sleeping face— did I mention that it's night time and Shin and I share a bed? — the cold truth made me shiver.

I may have been an only child then but right now, I have a brother. This feeling of having a sibling is a bit overwhelming. Memories of this past seven years in this world made me realize something. Shinichi, Okaa-san and Otou-san means so much to me. They are my family but that doesn't mean that they're replacement for my old parents.

No. They merely made a new place in my heart.

Shinichi, as a child, doesn't really have any friends sans Ran and I. Mouri Ran is a very sweet girl if you ignore her violent tendencies when angered. I now realize why future-Shinichi loved this girl. She's patient, caring, sweet and over all has a great personality. She's really thoughtful. When Shin forgot to bring his lunch to daycare, Ran shared hers even though it wasn't much.

Then, my thought wandered off when Okaa-san and I met up with her teacher in the disguising department. Kuroba Toichi is a sweet man and Chikage is a subtle sadist inside. And then, there was the future Kaito Kid, Kuroba Kaitou. The kid is a gentleman in the making. He was starting to make older girls blush— most if not all was infatuated with the boy.

His peers are merely in the Puppy Love stage. Somehow, I felt unnerved by it. How could a five years old charm older girls with all his baby fats? Sure, he's quite cute but how could those girls be infatuated with a child? It was a disturbing thought and thing but meh, they'll grow out of it.

When Kaitou-chan and I conversed for the first time, his first action—not word— to me was to show off. He brought out a pink rose with a poof and a charming smile on his face. "Hello, I'm Kuroba Kaitou, what's yours, Onee-san?" My eyes were half opened and I knew I was making the boy uncomfortable with my staring.