[5.0]

C A B E R N E T   F R A N C

Cabernet Franc is medium-bodied red wine whose origins likely lie in the Basque country of France. The wine is loved for its savory, bell pepper-like flavors, medium-high acidity and mouthwatering taste. It is an ideal food pairing wine.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If any random stranger just happened to pass by a certain table in a certain café, they would need a butcher knife to cut through the incredibly thick tense ambience surrounding a certain trio. Kobayashi Ouji made sure to change seats and sat down beside his best friend, and across from them, Kobayashi Kōtei sat with a seemingly innocent and harmless smile gracing his rather unusual (for a guy) pink lips.

"I'm hurt, little brother. You keep glowering at your elder brother." Kōtei faked a hurt expression, placing a hand on top of his chest. His ginger haired brother rolled his sapphire eyes and beside him, Shinobu's eyes looked everywhere except for the person sitting across them. Kōtei's sapphire eyes squinted when his smile widened a tiny bit, his ash blonde hair swaying when he tilted his head.

"... shouldn't you be working?" Kōtei chuckled. Truthfully, he does have work but he used his 'charm' to sway his rather pitiful lady manager into letting him have a break. ‘... So, so gullible, that she is...’ Kōtei thought in amusement. "Is it bad that I want to hang out with you and the young lady?" His own eyes sparkled when he mentioned Shinobu, aggravating the other Kobayashi. "Yes. With every action that you do, there will always be an underlying intention beneath."

"Um, Ouji-kun, h-home." Kōtei inwardly chuckled, knowing that his presence alone resembles such an acidic compound and he is fairly sure Shinobu is revolted by his presence. He didn't mind. He had always have this kind of presence, he couldn't fault her for that. Though, he had hoped to see the little lady squirm in front of his presence a bit more but his little brother seemed too happy to leave him.

"Then, excuse us. I have to wa— "

"Ah~ ah~ little brother. Do you think I would just let you two leave me like that? Certainly not, yes?" They stiffened, though subtle, it didn't escape his eyes. "Why don't we play a game?" Ouji's eyes narrowed at his suggestion. Again, he couldn't fault his little brother. The games he suggest always ends up unpleasant and displeasing. Kōtei's sapphire eyes connected with Shinobu's own mesmerizing orbs.

"A game of Detective."

Ouji didn't like the sound of that game but he knew there was no getting out. If there was one thing he absolutely doesn't like about his elder brother, is his ability to find any kind of information. The extent of his information gathering skills always sends shivers down his spine. It was as if his brother could hack into anything. "Detective?" Shinobu inquired. Kōtei merely smiled as if he was harmless.

"Yes. I will tell you a murder story and you must find out who the murderer is. Simple, right?" Ouji felt goosebumps and he knew Shinobu also felt it. That hidden malice beneath Kōtei's seemingly innocent smile. "But..?" He smirked at his little brother's inquiry. "Ah, I get to keep your favourite if you can't solve it~" It was no mystery who this favourite is, except for the favourite herself. Kōtei's eyes flickered to the female Kudo before flickering back to his little brother.

Ouji scowled, wrapping at arm around Shinobu's shoulders and pulling her close against him, making sure that Kōtei receives his obvious message. "And if you two figure it out, I will let you go and stop stalking you for a month."

"S-Stalking?" Shinobu asked with a confused expression, Kōtei merely nodding from his seat. "You see, I just love stalking people~" he chuckled, knowing that he was getting under her skin. "We accept." Ouji's voice sounded firm and strong, he would not allow his elder brother to continue his stalking, and hacking too. "Ah~ let's get started then, Young Lady, Noir."