[6.3]

Mei Lee was an ordinary student. The only thing that sets her apart from others was her uncanny perception. The smallest of things do not go unnoticed when presented to her and she was capable of deducing the very near future given the right information and understanding of the situation.

Even then, Mei Lee looks ordinary. If you met her once, you would probably forget her in a matter of moments.

Yet that was not the case for Kiseki Hinode. The moment he laid his eyes on her, he was already enraptured by her beauty. When he mentioned that to his friends, they all looked at him with dubious expressions. They even commented whether or not he was blind when it comes to beauty.

However, it was not her looks that tantalized him. It was not her body that mesmerized his whole being. No, it was her eyes. It was not the color that caught his attention. Instead, it was the way they glistened with 'knowing' and that captivated him.

No one else's eyes caused him to look stupid other than hers. Her eyes were bright and glowing despite the common color of a dark muddy brown and when compared to others whose eyes were similar in color, those would appear dull and boring to him.

Hinode found her beautiful and someone who constantly invaded his thoughts. Because of this, even when he did not mean to, his own foreign sea-colored eyes would drift from his book towards where she was seated across the building. Their classes were on the same floor, and they sit on the same place, and he could perfectly see her across.

When morning light goes through the window, the soft yellow glow would make her even more otherworldly. When dusk comes and she leaves the building, the moment the soft tangerine rays with a hint of red casting light on her skin made him breathless.

There was no one else more enchanting than Mei Lee and no matter what his friends said, he would give her his heart.

Even so, despite his resolve, Kiseki Hinode failed to confront her. He would just stare at her from afar and he would tell himself that it would be enough to catch a glimpse of Mei Lee. Still, he grew greedy when he noticed that someone else showed signs of infatuation towards her.

Hinode became bolder.

From the start, he knew that Mei Lee paid attention to the smallest of details. Therefore, when they became classmates in the next school year, he did a lot of things to catch her attention. Seeing her grow interested in the things he was responsible of, Hinode felt ecstatic each time.

Even if she did not notice him, he was happy to know that she paid attention to the things he did for her. Mei Lee often looked like a detective to him. Maybe in her next life, she would take on that job and surprise all those who doubts her credibility. Hinode would love to see that day when she mesmerized everyone.

Of course, he would still be the only one allowed to approach her and make friends and be close to Mei Lee.

And upon remembering that one guy who showed signs of interest, he deliberately threw him to the back of his mind. That guy never made an effort to be noticed and it was not like Mei Lee would try and approach him when they never even made a single contact with each other.

"I wonder what I should do for tomorrow." That single line would occupy his mind every night before bed and it would make him stay up till dawn. Hinode could never chase that thought away no matter how hard he tried. It was a persistent nagging thought that included her, after all. How could he ever ignore it for sleep?

"What would pique her interest?"

"Would she figure out what would happen next?"

"I'd like to see her eyes up close every once and a while."

"Just once... I'd really like to talk to her."

Kiseki Hinode would then fall asleep when he answered his own questions and pondered on his thoughts.

Some days, Hinode feels anxious when he fails to answer the questions. Sometimes, he even forget to sleep at all and attends school without sleeping at all. Thus, his insomniac nights began. He would sleep as soon as he gets home and then, stay away for all morning till late afternoon because of classes.

Hinode became more obsessed.

Mei Lee was beautiful without a doubt and he disliked it when someone even so much as glance at her the wrong way. She was still a woman and was prone to sexual harassment, especially when it was summer. With the summer heat, she would opt in wearing the cardigan and wear ankle-length socks.

With the heat of summer days, her blouse stuck to her like a second layer of skin because of sweat and as oblivious as she was in certain matters, it took quite a number of years on Hinode's life whenever that happens.

Kiseki Hinode discovered a lot more things about her.

She liked crossing her legs despite the school skirt. Mei Lee often visited the bookshop midway from school to her home. She also preferred a book cafe where she can both have her favorite drink and the leisure to read books.

In addition, when they had to share something about themselves because a substitute teacher came in for math, Mei Lee wanted a monkey for a pet instead of the common cat or dogs that people preferred. Hinode found that adorable amd quite rare. When she had said that, her eyes sparkled like clear waters after a stormy day.

They were breathtaking.

Despite that obsession, he never once talked to her nor approached her. He was too afraid that if he did, she would either ignore or reject his approaches. After all, Mei Lee was not the type of person who allows someone into her world.

Someday, maybe in their next life, he would find the courage to talk to her and grasp the opportunity that slipped from his hold numerous times.

Kiseki Hinode only hoped that things would go smoothly.

.

.

.

.

One day, he woke up and saw himself standing in front of a mirror, the most beautiful sapphire like eyes staring right back at him.

I don't really know where this is going XD

It's more of a flashback than a normal chapter XD

-your weird author