[4.0]

"The beach?"

I perked up from the couch when I heard Shin. It was Hakase at the front door. "Hm. I won five tickets to the beach and free lodgings from a raffle. I also already asked your parents permission and they agreed. I also asked Ran-kun to come and Mouri-kun and Kisaki-kun agreed, too." I peered up from my seat and saw Shin facing me. "Shin-neechan! I wanna come! I wanna come!" If anything, Shin's eyes are sparkling.

"Alright, alright, we're going, Shin." My little brother jumped up and down and went up to his room to pack. I approached Agasa-hakase with a smile. "Ne, I have a favour to ask, Hakase." Hakase hummed and lowered his upper body as I asked him for.

I hope Shin won't get mad.

•°•°

When we reached the beach, the first thing Shin said was, "WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!"

A certain fifteen year old stood in front of us with a smile, his ginger hair always in that style as if he just woke up with his sapphire blue eyes squinting in delight. He was already wearing his trunks and a Hawaiian shirt. Is that what you call it? On his shoulder, a certain pygmy marmoset was perched.

"Ouji-kun, I'm glad you could make it." I'm happy he's here. Well, Yūjin also. "I couldn't pass the offer up, Shino-chan." He was about to ruffle my hair when Shin stood between us, hugging me close to his chest. "Don't touch her, pervert." I flicked my brother's forehead and slightly frowned at his actions.

"I thought I already told you, Ouji-kun isn't like that. Besides, he's my best friend." There was silence before Shin and Ran started snickering, making me tilt my head in confusion. Why were they snickering? I looked back at Ouji-kun and I saw a minute of sadness on his face before he smiled at me. "It's alright. Shinichi-kun just really loves you, Shino-chan."

I contemplated his words and just nodded. "Kids! C'mon, we're staying in that hotel over there." I was about to grab my luggage when my best friend picked it up. "I'll carry it." I smiled and thanked him. We walked towards the hotel, while Hakase was making arrangements for our room, the four of us were lounging around.

"Let's swim now, Samekawa!" The woman said while eating sour grapes? Ugh.

"I already told you I don't want to. Are you deaf or something? You're just a muscle head anyway." The man said in irritation, his eyebrows furrowing in anger.

"Samekawa, that's enough. You're going way too far." The other girl tried to diffuse the tense atmosphere between her two companions but it seemed her attempts were in vain.

"As if! I've had enough of Kanae. She keeps forcing me whatever she wants to do."

The trio was a group of two females and one male. This Samekawa seems to have some kind of relationship with this Kanae person. The third person is the other girl, she looks like a friend of Kanae-san. Samekawa-san looks to be in his early twenties with slick black hair and a fairly toned body. He seems to be around a hundred and ninety something centimeters high.

He has a permanent glower in his eyes and a frown on his lips as he stare at Kanae, who turned around to face away from them. Kanae-san must be in her twenties too, with a fairly muscular body that female athletes would die for. By the way her skin tone is uneven and the seemingly eye bags (that must be marks made by constant usage of goggles), I would say she's a swimmer.

The last person is shorter than the both of them, only bordering on one seventy centimeters. She doesn't have any muscle and she still has those baby fats, so she must be younger than her companions. She doesn't seem to have any experience in sports or anything physically strenuous at all. I turned around to face Shin to see what he was doing.