[5.3]

"Say... how did you recognize us so fast, Shin-neechan?"

His question stunned me at first because the first thing that came to mind was I know what happened to you even without you telling me. Of course, I was caught off guard. Shin flinched when I glared at him. "You think I would forget how my own brother and best friend looked like in their elementary school years? Who, by the way, I grew up with?"

He, at least, had the decency to look guilty. "S... Sorry." A hand smaller than mine grabbed my hand and held it comfortingly. I felt my anger bubble down while a sigh escaped my parted lips. "What's your course of action, then? The both of you cannot simply go and prance around searching for the people who've done this to you." Shin dived into his thoughts, his eyes glazed over as he began thinking.

A tug on my hand made me look down, and seeing that cold and dull expression on Ouji-kun's eyes sent shivers down my spine. I never understood why he has that kind of expression. It always made me wary of him, fear tingling my spine every time he looks at me with that kind of look. I never did find out how that expression came to be on his face. It simply became natural. Natural and yet, it was also nerve-wracking.

I don't think I'm gonna get used to that look of his.

"Be careful of the ravens, Shinobu."

I jolted in shock when he said my name. It was one of the only times he called me by my name. Ravens... even though he spoke cryptically, he knew I would be able to decipher his words.

He knew who they were. Noir... could he be directly—

"Shin-neechan?" The sound of Shin's voice brought me out of my thoughts. "I think it would be best if I don't tell anyone about this." I inwardly arched an eyebrow. From what I vaguely remember, Shin would have decided to go and find the men in black as soon as possible and that hakase would have stopped him.

What changed?

Me, obviously.

I grimaced at the thought. Things already changed the moment I arrived in this world. It will continue changing and I have no idea about the things Shin had gone through but... I glanced at my brother whose face still set in that thinking expression. I will be there by his side this time. He wouldn't have to suffer alone.

Besides... I glanced at Ouji-kun, who was staring at my brother with curiosity. If he really is directly connected, Ouji-kun's life is in grave danger. My thoughts went to Kotei-san, my blank expression morphing into one of dibelief. Neither I or Ouji-kun will be able to fool him.

It would only be a matter of time before Kotei-san noticed something strange.  I snatched Ouji-kun's hand, surprising him out of his thoughts as I gave hakase and Shin a look. "I'm taking Ouji-kun to my room. His appearance is too... eye-catching. We have to do something about it. After all, it's not everyday you see a person with such strange coloring here in Japan."

Shin's lips curved downwards. "I'm coming with you." Facepalming at the tinie tiny pout he gave me, I denied his words. "You're not coming with us.  You and hakase need to talk about how you're going to avoid people recognizing you." Before he could protest, I gently pulled Ouji-kun with me to my room—

"It's to your left."

Blushing in embarrassment (cheesecakes, I get lost in my own house if I don't pay attention!), I faked a cough and subtly changed direction. I heard a muffled chuckle from behind and I swear my ears were steaming right about now. "Shino-chan?" The tenseness I didn't know I had in my shoulders disappeared when he said his nickname for me.

"... Shino-chan, I'm still your best friend, right?" I halted just before I grabbed the doorknob of my room. His words echoed in my head. No, rather, it was the tone of his voice. There was something dangerous lurking just behind his facade. I held back the urge to turn around. For some reason, I had this feeling that it would be better if I didn't turn to look at him.

I contemplated my answer. Then again, I already had it. "Of course you are. No one can replace you, Ouji-kun." The heavy atmosphere dispersed at his sigh of relief and when I glanced back at him, he was smiling at me so childishly. Cheesecakes, he's adorable. I became flustered at my own thoughts, earlier suspicions about him disappearing along with it.

"I love you, Shino-chan."

My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I heard the words that legt his lips. There was no mistaking it... MY FACE MUST BE A TOMATO RIGHT NOW! I gulped as turned the knob, my hand all sweaty. I'm still... holding his hand... "You know that, right?" Ouji-kun walked in front of me, his eyes closed as he smiled. Even though he turned ten years younger, he still reached the height of my chest.

"... yeah."

oooOooo

Ouji

He innocently smiled at her, his face the very definition of innocence. Because of this predicament he was in, it would be more difficult to keep Kotei away from his Shino-chan. he grasped her hand. Her soft, soft hand and caressed it with his thumb.

"I love you, Shino-chan."

He repeated for the second time. Ouji grew amused at the sight of her flustered expression. A goddess, she was. He could stare at her all day long and he wouldn't get tired doing it. Ouji lead her inside her room, his gait sure and confident.

Kobayashi Ouji was manipulative and possessive; obsessive, too. He found himself in his thoughts more often than not when he sees Shino-chan. Lips curling in an amused smirk, one his precious couldn't see, he vowed not to let Kotei ever lay a finger on her ever again. Once. Twice. They were enough.

Ouji would not allow him to do it the third time.

If his so-called brother did, he would not hesitate to fight back. He had enough of his brother stealing and claiming his possessions.

Ouji refused to let his brother get his way again.