Chapter 31

Haley gasped.

No not now. Kira couldn't see her father like this. It would invite questions.

She held Linda's hand tighter but Linda yanked her hand back and held her hip instead. She pulled her closer.

"Hals... is it..."

"Yeah," Haley mumbled. Linda knew about this already but she had never witnessed it before. She drew circles on Haley's back.

"You can stay here if you want," Haley said.

"No I'm coming," Linda whispered back. They left Kira at the doorway and walked into the house.

"Daddy," Haley cooed, "Daddy I'm back home, where are you?"

She stepped onto the balcony... the place he usually went to when he was in this state. This had been happening a lot more frequently, recently. His panic attacks. Usually Haley would stop him before he cut himself... but this time she hadn't been there. Haley kept her mind calm. She had to be calm. For his sake. She could mourn later. She could disappear into Linda later.

Her dad wasn't in the balcony. Haley frowned. Her worrying increased.

"Daddy," she called out in a more hurried tone.

Then she heard sniffling. She couldn't determine its location but it was somewhere. At least he was there. Inside.

Alive.

Haley checked his bedroom. The sniffling was louder here. Linda pointed towards his bathroom. Haley nodded and tried to open the door.

Locked.

"Daddy... It's... it's me, Haley. Open the door daddy."

Haley heard some shuffling behind the door before it opened just a bit. Haley left Linda outside and walked into the bathroom.

She gasped. Blood. So much blood. Running from his arms, legs, chest. He was kneeling on the ground, face in his hands.

"Daddy. Oh gods daddy," she muttered as she went and hugged him, unmindful of the blood that was now staining her clothes. She pulled him closer, letting him cry into his hair.

"Daddy what happened?"

"I.... I.... don't know."

"It's okay. Everything is going to be alright," she whispered. She stroked her dad's hair. She closed her eyes and breathed in the tangy stench of blood. It was everywhere. The blood was everywhere.

"Daddy, we need to get you cleaned up."

No reply.

"Daddy?"

She pulled back and noticed that his eyes were closed. He was unconscious.

"Li," Haley called out.

Linda appeared in the bathroom and her eyes widened at the sight before her.

"Oh my Gods!"

"Li help me clean him up and tell my mum to call a doctor."

Linda nodded and rushed out of the bathroom. Haley dragged her father towards the shower. She switched it on, washing off all the blood.