We arrived the Hover apartments and each of us maids were handed supplies and keys to the particular apartment.  We all signed on the board for clarification  and security so that if anything  happened we would be held responsible  .
"Remember, I am watching  you . Conduct yourself with grace . I shall see you here after you are all finished  . Off you go then ."
That was our supervisor  Mr John  a bald French old man who reminded me of a butler because he was wearing  a tailcoat and a bushy moustache.

He had been ranting all the way to the apartments  about how we should conduct ourselves . Seriously  I couldn't take it . He felt like an annoying fly buzzing around  your ear .
So I glady took the apartment key at the reception and headed far away from the grumpy old man .

I came face to face with the wooden white door having  the apartment  number inscribed in gold 14 . Here goes nothing, I thought.

I first rang the bell  just to make sure I if anyone was there so that I do not intrude . However there was no answer so I took that as a no and opened the door cautiously . Glad that the  coast was clear I set my things down and made a quick survey of the house and room. It was a one bedroom  apartment so it should not be hard to clean, besides the owner knew how to keep it well. It was slightly messy but who could blame them they were probably too busy or were getting late .

When I opened the bedroom door I saw a cute little boy around 4 years old . He looked so angelic  with some streaks of dark hair falling onto his face . He seemed to be fast asleep. Oh well I guess I would clean the room last.
Shortly after that I began my work . I started with laundry from what I could see there seemed to be a father in the house and just the boy since I didn't see any lady like clothes . The cologne seemed familiar but I couldn't quite trace  it . Next I cleaned the kitchen spotless ,prepared a batch of cookies for the boy , I was sure he would be hungry when he woke up . Then I  dusted the furniture and couch . By then the clothes were all washed and dried .
In the midst of folding the clothes I heard I small but cherry voice speak from behind me . " Are you our new maid ? When did you come ? Has my daddy returned yet? "

I cooed inwardly at his adorable  and innocent face but I bowed as I should to him and said ," glad to see you are awake young master. My name is Kate and yes I am your new maid. Your father hasn't returned  yet and I thought I should let you rest . In the mean time would you like something  to eat? I made cookies and they are almost ready  so you can eat as  you wait for him?"I replied knowing that would boost my performance as a maid . Mr John's ranting paid after all. He had said that if we had time we could make something for the customer's that way we make them happy and we get good recommendations, that was as long as we knew what we were doing he had added quickly. While I was cleaning the kitchen is saw all the necessary ingredients  and decided to make one it looked like the owner made cookies often .

"Really ? I love cookies how did you know? "
The boy said animatedly bringing me back to reality . The smile on his face revealed a cute dimple on his chin . Oh could  he get any cuter !
" It was a lucky guess . Let's go to the kitchen and I'll serve you some."

Having finished with the clothes we headed to the kitchen . He was bobbing  in excitement. I took them out of the oven and served them to him . He quickly  took a bite from one and shrieked . Surprised , I hastily  gave him the glass of milk I was holding.  I shouldn't  have made the cookies who was I  to think that they would turn out great ...

"These are sooooo delicious!" He exclaimed  happily . Phew I took a deep relaxing breath . That was a close one .

"I'm glad you liked them they are my favorite ," I said pleased ," No kidding they are mine too ." He said with a toothy smile.
" I'm Seth by the way . You are the best maid I've met !" He exclaimed giggling .

"Thank you young master that makes me happy to hear that ." I replied equally excited that today went great .

After that , I resumed my chores and cleaned up the kitchen supplies I used while Seth watched cartoon . I also cleaned up the now vacant bedroom that was quite plain except for the photos of Seth and a young man which I persumed was the dad . I had to say he looked very familiar . Maybe he was a customer at the Sweet Pie Inn . He must be or where else could it be .

Just as I finished the bedroom , I heard the front door open and Seth scream excitedly , "Daddy your back! What took you so long ? "

Honestly, it was about time I had finished my chores and I really didn't want to leave Seth alone so I was glad that the dad arrived in good time . At least he came , I thought to myself . I could tell that Seth and the dad were very close it was refreshing judging from my point of view.

I decided  to announce  my presence like the true maid I was, headed to the front door and bowed."Welcome home, master. "

When I looked up for the second time that day, my smile dropped when my eyes met a pair of blue eyes . The library guy . He had a dumbfounded  expression  and the only thing he said was , " Muffin girl?"
No way! It cannot be!

                       ..................................
Hey !!!!
The photo on the side is none other than the little cutie 😍😍😍😍Seth.
Comment what you think and dont forget to press the tiny star if you like my story 😊