Here I was again standing in front of the same apartment door cursing under my breath while I clenched and relaxed my fingers . The golden number of appartment 14 gleamed under the dim sunset corridor lights . It's like my fate had this twisted pleasure in watching me blow up , I mean why else would I be at his front door ?

I held my finger out and lingered at the door bell still hesitating to believe that it was happening . My thoughts trailed back to how I got there ....

After school, I headed to M and M straight away eager to know what task I would face for my second day of work . I was getting out of the elevator humming to some off-key tune when suddenly I bumped into a heavy yet squishy object ... more like person ...

"Ah ! Miss Watson you  gave me quite a shock . Actually you are the exact person I was looking for, but first may I call you Kate? The formality can be dropped now, it's  getting rather tidious 0." Miss Molly had started before I could adjust my balance. I had barely given a coherent response, "Umm....," still confused as to why she was bubbly at that time of day and why she was looking for me . However she contined dismissing my reaction.

"Wonderful! Now don't give that look, you have done nothing wrong my dear in fact it's quite the contrary. I have great news for you . You are now an official maid of the M and M company that is until you graduate high school or whatever you wish . "She concluded. Her face shone brightly as she awaited my response to the so called good news . However , what she got was not what she expected because all the light was drainned like someone pressed the off switch .
"Wait ... what ? Am I hearing alright ? How is that even possible ? I thought I had a week to prove myself worthy of the job ."

"Nonsense. Who in the world told you that." She responded swatting her hand at me . I blinked, still shocked at what I was hearing it was written on the job description plus Mr John made sure it was drilled in my head . "Besides even if it were true you have already proven yourself worthy. Once our customer says so it is as good as our own . In fact yours was so impressed that he called in this afternoon and requested that you become his personal maid for as long as you worked here . Mr Cliffrock is a very dedicated customer and a great shareholder of this company so his approval is very much respected . Isn't that wonderful ? You shall be working in the same appartment you did yesterday from now on. I shall let you get ready and off you go . You don't want to keep the customer waiting . Congratulations my dear you are very lucky. Toodles!"

And just like that she disappeared into the elevator as it binged close leaving me to myself . Mr Cliffrock? .... was that him?  come to think of it I still did not know his name , but why did he do that ?

"How long are you going to stand there because if you are planning to stay like that you might as well join the mannequin challenge." I was brought out of my reverie by that familiar deep yet attractive voice that I'm sure that every girl would fancy and swoon over . Not this girl though. Instead, I threw the nearest thing  my hands felt . Luckily it was a broom . No one startles me and gets away with it I thought .
Much to my annoyance he caught it swiftly his mouth stretching into an amused smirk.

"You..." I began, but before I could completely combust, he stopped me.
"I'm pretty sure that is not how a maid should greet their master now muffin ." Why that little... Then I noticed a shiny bald head popping at the very end of the hall. So swallowing my pride I bowed down gently , it was quite stiff actually, and the next thing I said threw him off guard . He was not expecting it . One point for me .

"Pardon me master, my sincerest apologies you startled me so I acted out of impulse. Forgive me . " I said this in the most innocent tone I could . Take that Mr John you bald headed old man ! Ever since he heard of my permanent position in just my second day at work , he had been following me everywhere . Ugh.. honestly it was really annoying ! I got a huge lecture ,like I didn't get enough at school, about how lucky I was that I did not get to pass though his judgement and how I should speak with more dedication and admiration to the  "masters" I would serve . There he had it .