JAKE'S P.O.V

"No! Come to think of it, maybe I should visit the nurse..." I watched Kate as she wiggled out of her seat like the ground wasn't stable. She Slinged her backpack a bit too quickly making her loose balance. As a reflex, I stood up and held her steadily by the waist. Brian too had come to the rescue of the complicated moody damsel (she'd kill me if she knew I called her that) holding her by the shoulder. I wanted to say ... too slow mate. However, judging the situation it wasn't the time to make such a comment.

Kate struggled out of our grip which would habe been easy for her if she were in a normal state so clearly something was wrong. Almost immediately, her body went limb.... the girl passed out in my hands!

"Kate! Kate!" I desperately called out hoping I'd get an answer. Still in my hands, I carefully placed her sitting up on the floor her head leaning on my shoulder. All the while, silence broke in class except for my occasional calling Kate with a worried voice.
I had long forgotten about the crowd that had huddled around me and Brian, who felt her forehead with the back of his hand declaring,
"My God!... She's burning up, we gotta get her to the nurse. "

Kate shivered in my hands as sweat trickled down her forehead. I looked around for Mr. Willows who for once looked worried.

"She clearly does need to go to the nurse. Who's going to help carry her there..." began Mr. Willows before both Brian and I interrupted.

"I'll go!"
We both looked at each other not sure whether it was a good thing or not. To be honest,I could carry her myself there but since we are two...

"Very well, do that and don't make this an excuse to leave class I expect you back here..." Ignoring Mr. Willows I lifted Kate with effort and carried her bridal style. Far from caring what the remaining class would think, I ordered Brian to dash to the nurse beforehand so that she's prepares for a bed and all the right stuff. I was worried about Kate. Rushing her along the corridors to the nurse, I prayed for her to be alright, or I would never forgive myself for exposing her to the rain the previous day.

................................

Burging into the nurse's office like a lunatic, well that's what Brian said, nurse Judy directed me to lay Kate down on one of the beds before quickly examining her. She closed the curtain around Kate's bed. Collapsing on one of the chairs in the waiting room, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Hey she is going to be alright don't look so down," Brian, who I had only noticed was sitting next to me, said. He gave me a friendly pat, stood up, straightened his white t-shirt, "I know telling you to head back to class with me won't work, so text me when she wakes up. I'll come up with an excuse to tell the womping Willow. Take care of her. I raised u well." He snickered at his comment and left me alone mulling over in worry and guilt hoping that she would wake up soon.

I watched the Nurse's shadow move behind the curtain. It looked like she was placing an I.V . A few minutes later the curtain was pulled aside giving me a full veiw of a pale looking Kate. Her hair had been opened letting her brown locks spread around the pillow. How does she manage to look pretty even when she's sick?...

"Your girlfriend?" Nurse Judy asked taking me out of my daze. She was sitting at her desk typing away on her computer.

Nurse Judy and I go way back, ever since I was a freshman, loosing my whole family, getting insane headaches and sleepless nights. She advised me alot. On top of that, she recommended sessions with a college of hers to help me with the trauma. So far, I could not thank her enough. Having been in her office for countless of times, she was like family to me.

"Depends, if I say yes would you let me stay?" I asked testing my luck.

"So that's a no? You look too concerned not to be. Well then I guess you can go back to class. I can finish things up by myself..." Nurse Judy said with an I know you too well smile her full attention was on me.

"C'mon, you can't do that.... I mean I can't go back... " I stuttered for some reason.

"Well, well, well, I haven't seen you like this young man, you obviously like her and she isn't your girlfriend yet? I thought you were the Prince Charming of this school? What happened to the charm eih?" She said smiling not forgetting to quote the "Prince Charming" as she said it.

In all honesty I did not like that name. It felt like a huge responsibility. I was nothing close to charming. In fact, I'm quite the opposite.
"Seriously miss Judes? Prince Charming again?..."

"Well you will not believe how many times I get girls come in here with nothing but a broken nail just to catch a glimpse of you." She chuckled. Suddenly getting serious, she continued, "who is this girl anyway? I need to check out her details and call..."

"Kate Watson... but... um... I don't think that's necessary, you see she told me her parents went out of the country for a business trip. She wouldn't want to worry them now.." What was that? Did I just say that? What kind of an excuse is that dimwit?

Nurse Judy looked at me squarely deciding whether to trust me or not. I prayed that my nervousness would not give away. After what felt like ages of being scrutinized, she finally sighed. A sigh that said I don't believe you but...

"Look kid, I know you mean welln you're probably trying to look out for her but someone has to be told . Here is her file, it says..." Judy went quiet for a while, looking at her computer while I bit my tongue in anticipation. "Well it says here that for emergencies we call, Holly's home... that's strange..." her voice drifted away as she thought.
Strange indeed, is that how she and aunt Mil knew each other? Doesn't matter now... I was sure she did not want this to happen. I had to do something...

"Nurse Judy, trust me on this one. I'll take care of her... at least that'll be a consultation for letting her out in the rain yesterday. Please?" I pleaded with a determination I didn't know I had in me. Well Kate's got a knack of I've never done before, feelings I've never ...

"I'm gonna say this again, that girl sure is special. Fine, I'll let you out on this one because you're begging me... Oh don't think your off easily. One blueberry muffin every Wednesday for the next 5 weeks. Gotta get something good for my cheat day." She said.

"Really? Cheat day? You look good enough to model..." I tried flattery to loosen the mood because I was eager to shout 'deal!' . However I should have known it wouldn't get to her.

"Please, go take your flattery to that bedside chair where your sleeping beauty is. Do we have a deal or not?" She asked this time with a scary expression. I was sure she was in desperate need for those muffins than anything.

"Deal!"

"Alright!.." Judy whooped before realizing my presence, straightened up assuming an all business expression she cleared her throat. "Why are you still here sleeping beauty is over there...go.." she shooed me away.

Chuckling to myself, I headed towards Kate. Sitting next to her, I touched her warm hand and slipped mine in hers. They were course, clearly all the work she does. It strangely felt good. Her face was flushed due the fever . Just like that I dozed off.

                             ........................

Hi 😄
Not so many words today ...
I hope u like it 😊
Another Jake's P.O.V right..
Thumbs up for Kake 👍🍰
If you guys read this please comment cake or thumbs up😊
That'll be awesome !!!!

🍒