Midnight Melodies

Title: Midnight Melodies

Genre: Teen Fiction, Romance

Description:

"Sometimes it's good to be a little selfish"-Evan Phillips

Heather Ryans is your normal, brilliant girl. She attends Lillian Holmes High School for Exceptionally Smart Girls. Her parents plan for her to become a doctor when she graduates and lead a rich, successful life.

But that's not what she wants. 

Heather never liked being smart. She wanted to be anyone else who's average, someone who's parents don't have such high expectations. It's not like at Senior year she could tell her parents she never wanted to be a neurologist, or anything else they wanted.

No, she wanted to be a singer.

Heather has had an affinity for music since she was 13, when she got a standing ovation for singing in her 7th grade talent show.  But if her parents ever found out her guilty pleasure, she'd be disowned then and there.

So Heather does the only thing she can do to express her love for music; she runs away. Every night she climbs out her house window and out to the park down the street, where she can peacefully practice her music.

But when Evan Phillips finds Heather alone in the park, playing the guitar, he isn't one to ignore her talents like her parents. He wants to help her achieve her real dreams, even if it means defying everything Heather's ever been taught.

A mysterious boy, late nights, and a brilliant opportunity. What has Heather Ryans got herself into?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually love this idea, although it's -kinda- like Listen Carefully. Except Heather's not blind... And she's the one who plays music. This might actually be my most elaborate idea I have thought of yet so I'm kinda proud. The title is based loosely of Midnight Memories, but it's nothing like that.