Entry Two~ ♡Thank You Mayor!♡

(Y/n)'s POV

I rouse from a heavy slumber, becoming more and more uncomfortable. The feeling of lumpy ground returned to my already pained back, and the cold morning air slipped right through the tent walls. Memories of yesterday kindly let themselves back into my brain, and the continuous chirping of nearby cicadas only made things worse. To make things simpler, I was stressed out.
Hoping a walk would help me relax, I changed into something more suitable for the chilly weather and crawled out of my tent. I stretched out my limbs and breathed in the earthy spring air. My feet began taking small steps across the grassy terrain and my eyes admired the scenery.
Flowers of many varieties such as lilies, roses, and tulips, were scattered about the town, each producing a different fragrance to define every bloom. Oak and evergreens stood up tall, some budding a creamy pink, preparing for cherry blossoms. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the lingering sunlight, but it was intruded by the sound of rustling leaves. I turned and spotted one cat in particular, dark cerulean fur covered her body, but a powdery white smothered the tips of her ears, tail, and paws.
She was shaking one of the local peach trees. Her black eyes met mine, and she immediately flashed a smile, averting her attention away from the fruits that one by one, dropped onto her head.
"Ah! Oww...!" White paws rubbed the top of her head, and I ran over to her.
"Are you okay?" I asked, and she perked back up.
"O-of course! Super model Rosie always gets back up on her feet!" She recovered, whipping her fur in the air and striking a dramatic pose, I could practically see the stars around her. She stopped and took a good look at me before gathering the fallen peaches. "You're the new mayor right?"
"R-right... nice to meet you... Rosie?" She placed the third fuzzy peach into a basket that I didn't notice before.
"Yup! That's me!" The basket disappeared into her pocket and she gave her full attention to me. "Have you gone to see Isabelle today? I'm super excited for you to start making (T/n) the best town ever!" She cheered, and her rosy cheeks flushed.
"Huh... no I haven't, but I will..."
"Great! Also, I think a picnic blanket would be a great contribution to the town! Imagine... enjoying a sweet lunch along with your loved one, cloud gazing, telling jokes, and overall just being together..." Rosie did a small twirl before closing her eyes.
"W-well... I'll consider it?"
"YAY! Best. Mayor. Ever! Now, head to the Town Hall. Peaches are premium at Re-Tail today, gotta run!" And she ran off, tail swishing in the air.

A swift feeling of anxiety rushed through my stomach as I opened the door to the Town Hall. I met the eyes of my absent-minded, bright yellow Shih Tzu secretary who instantly beamed when I entered.
"Ah! Mr. Mayor! I've been waiting for you!" She began. "Because of you're new arrival, there's a ceremony in the Plaza that I need you to attend."
"O-okay..."
"We'd like for you to plant a tree in the square as a symbol for our town! So please, follow me."

Isabelle's POV

     The hole had already been dug so the Mayor could easily plant the sapling that'll grow big and strong along with our town... I hope.
     "Alright, take this Mayor (Y/n)! Hurry and plant it into the ground, put your heart into it!" He took it from me and patted it gently into the soil. There was a certain spark in his eyes. A round of applause emitted from the villagers.
     (Y/n) had a determined look on his face that sent a gust of warmth throughout my body. He lifted himself away from the ground and faced me, a sweet and genuine smile curved onto his lips. My cheeks heated up and I could feel my heart pounding in my throat. Quickly composing myself, I returned his cheesy grin.
     "Congratulations, Mayor (Y/n)!"

Time Skip

     I wonder what the Mayor is doing today. He hasn't come to visit and it's been two whole days... it didn't take long for him to reach 100% on the approval rating... But he just comes in and out of the hall, pretty much ignoring me. Sounds like some turtle I know, but (Y/n) actually works hard.
    And right on cue, the door to the Town Hall swung open and in came our busy mayor. I forced a smile and surprisingly, he came right up to my desk.
     "G-good afternoon Mr. Mayor... anything I can help you with?"
     "Yeah! Any more advice for living in the town?" I lit up at his question.
     "Actually... you can collect seashells on the beach for extra bells..." My smile softened. "I've always wanted to visit the beach, but I've never had free time... if you will, c-can you pick up a seashell for me..?" I stopped. "A-ah! I'm... you don't have to do that for me! I was just hoping you could..." I heard the door close to the Town Hall and watched the mayor run past the window. Figures...
     Mayor Tortimer never really cared about what I wanted. He was just a lazy old turtle who never did anything on his own. With a deflated sigh, I closed my eyes and relaxed my muscles.

Why should Mayor (Y/n) be any different from h-

     The same sound of the door opening echoed in my ears. I looked up and watched (Y/n) walk up to me. Eagerly, he pulled a giant clam shell out of his pocket.
     "Here you are Isabelle! I hear you can turn em' into music boxes too!" I couldn't find my voice. My face felt like it would erupt like a volcano at any second. Silently, I inhaled and exhaled. I reached out and accepted the shell from (Y/n), feeling more fragile than an ice sculpture.
     "T-t-thank you Mr. Mayor... I'll treasure it." He let out a shy, affectionate giggle. The kind Digby would make when we were kids.
     "Great! Speaking of the beach, you should go with me sometime. I'll see you later Isabelle!" And he left. The magic I felt drained, and I was back to being the lonely secretary who just sits and waits for the Mayor to return. I glanced at the shell he gave me and pressed it into my chest.

Maybe I won't be so lonely anymore.

Thank you, Mayor (Y/n)...