Just Me Being a Helpless Romantic Nothing Special

❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀

The mayor, her lover, her deepest desire, her poorest kept secret, her.. everything. Yes, everything seems about right.

He's so special, not perfect, but perfect—to her, at least. Isabelle is aware of her bias but she isn't ashamed of it. Honestly, if she wasn't such a spaz, maybe she'd tell him everyday.

"You're as much light as there could be dark; the reason my eyes open in the day and why I can bring myself to close them after dark."

No. Too cheesy.

When she thinks of him, not imagines. Because imagining something is like saying whatever that something is, isn't real. He is all too real, almost enough to actually be imaginary, but he's not.

Isabelle is reminded of that with every piece of love she's given whenever the sun rises.

His kisses are like early night, like the stars attached to a sky of dark lavender, twinkling delicately if not at all, beautiful.

They put Isabelle on the clouds, soft and plush and nothing like what a cloud actually is but what your naive mind pretends they are.

Every morning whatever she receives, she also returns, because he is hers and she is his and he deserves.

It's nice knowing that, knowing she has someone to hold between the sheets, on the way to work, in the hall.

Her husband (she loves saying that), is no prude. Even on days off when they're in the middle of town he freely expresses the emotions her harbors for her. It's a lot, and Isabelle can't say she absolutely adores it.

(But she lives for those moments in the quiet, when he's calm and soft and Isabelle can't help but sink into him. He'll press his forehead to hers and just stay. She can't get enough when he does that—not just because he smells great—especially since they're so rare.)

His laugh, however, she adores. Because it's perfect, as he is and isn't. It's his voice, higher in pitch and so, so wonderful. She can hear the happiness that comes out in gasps as he tries to hold it in and fails, bursting into giggles once more until his cheeks hurt.

Ooh, and that second of joy in his eyes afterwards. It's relaxed, despite the intensity of his laugh. Isabelle loves when his face does that.

He's that perfect crazy that drives her crazy in a perfect way. No insanity, no obsession or possession, just falling deeper in love. What more could she ask for, really?

When she wakes up that morning, warm and secure and aware that she's loved. When she turns and is met by eyes of dark cinnamon that share space with lips chapped by heat and a beam so genuine she has to close her eyes and release a sigh, Isabelle can't help but tear.. just a little.

❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀
Authors Note

I wrote this all in one emotional dose. It's unorganized and the feelings are all over the place (kinda like Isabelle) but I figured you might want to read it idk

Also uh... new animal crossing fanfic coming soon. And by soon I mean like maybe in more than a month or two because I'm writing something else atm
Yay.

Okay bye plz don't judge me—