Entry 15 ~ ♡Haunting Uncertainty♡

Isabelle's POV

The cycle seems to repeat. (Y/n) would dramatically increase my dedication, causing me to work hard for him to even slightly share my feelings. Then, right when I think I'm close... BAM! He rejects me without even realizing it! OR we'll get interrupted by a certain kitty. How does she randomly appear out of nowhere anyways?
     In the end, I find myself in the same place. My eyes focused on the TV, watching animated characters slowly falling in love. I drowned myself in sea salt chips and dogritos (see what I did there?), only occasionally thinking about how I'll fit into my uniform tomorrow.
     "Not again.. what happened Iz?" I heard Digby ask, openly concerned. Normally he goes to sleep early, Mr. Nook is one of those bosses with strangely high standards considering he doesn't do anything.
     "I got stressed out yesterday. Worked too hard." I may have left out a few things, but I could never lie to Digby.
     "I'd tell you to try and relax, but that's never worked out for either of us." He replied, shaking his head. "Don't stay up late."
     "I won't, Digs." And with that, he walked away. I exhaled and dropped my head onto a pillow. I didn't actually have work tomorrow because it was Halloween. Normally, I would go in to get some extra work done, but this time I'm just going in to avoid (Y/n). He loves participating in all of the town events, and considering Halloween is worldwide, he probably already knows about it.
     I cut off the TV, my face somehow in a permanent frown. I could probably use that time during the holidays to think about what happened a couple days ago. I covered my eyes in personal fluster. Maybe I was just hallucinating and (Y/n) totally didn't lean down to possibly... maybe...
UGH. I can't even fathom it in my own mind!

Time Skip

Now that I think about it, avoiding (Y/n) in my own home seemed to be a much smarter idea. But like an Isabelle, I don't consider the obvious options.

And because of that, I was freaking out.

What if he comes in here because he left something? What if he actually never knew what Halloween was?! WHAT IF HE ACTUALLY WANTS TO COME IN AND TALK TO ME?!

Normally in these situations, I would leave a sign that says the Town Hall is closed, but (Y/n) has forbidden me to do so because there are some days, for whatever reason, he desperately needs to come in.
I sighed dramatically to myself, scribbling on documents in a rushed cursive. Having time to get work done without any worry of interruptions would normally leave me in a very happy mood, but what I'm feeling right  now is definitely the opposite. I glanced out the window, residents prancing about in weird pumpkins costumes. Could anyone think of anything original? I was about to wallow away in my work when (Y/n) ran by. He was in a fuzzy looking wolf costume, and half of the villagers were 'chasing' after him. The cheesiest grin was on his face, but my heart had begun racing at an incredible speed. I wasn't even expecting to see his oddly shaped nose this entire night, and I was pretending to dread his presence when really that was all I wanted. My eyes were locked on that window, waiting for him to circle back, but he didn't. I forced my gaze away from the glass, an awful pain in my chest.

~~

     I pushed aside the stack of filled out papers in a slow, effortless manner. Finished finally, but there was no joy hidden in the completion. I took a second to glance at my surroundings.

I was alone.

     The thought gave me quite a start. If (Y/n) truly has any desire to be with me, I'm certain the situation would have been different. I'd be romping about with him outside, receiving treats and clever tricks. Or maybe he'd sit here with me, putting me first and ignoring the child in him begging to throw on a silly costume.
     I gave myself the right to be angry, but at whom? I'm the one choosing to sit here by myself, knotted in unwanted emotions. I just want to see his face, hear his voice, feel his embrace. I closed my eyes, wondering how this all began.
    "Hey Belle!!" I looked up, (Y/n) was standing before me. I allowed myself to smile, but I wasn't entirely relieved.
     "(Y/n), what brings you here? Shouldn't you be out there having fun?"  I was torn between wanting him to stay or rushing him out.
     "Well I was, but I decided I wanted to see you." My heart skipped a beat, but I was still confused. Can this, whatever this is, really work?
     "...I went to your house to try and find you, but no one answered..." he muttered. "Anyways, here!" He set a purple and yellow swirled lollipop on my desk, the stick secured with a red ribbon.
     "T-thank you (Y/n)..." I replied, taking it in my paws,  examining it before giving my attention back to (Y/n)
     "No problem!" He smiled wide before turning to leave again. I watched him go, my feelings churning, messing with my head. I somehow felt the desire to cry, but held back the tears.
     "I wish I never met you." And I knew I was lying.

Authors Note

AHHHHHHHHHHH!
FINALLY!

I got sick and I just did not have it in me to write. All I did was sleep and wallow in pain.
But hey! I finally did it so... no hard feelings right?

Who know when the next update will be, I don't even know. I need to get back on schedule...