Entry 11 ~ ♡Disreputable Dedication♡

Isabelle's POV

I laid gloomily on out couch, my body imprinted on the cream fabric. The TV shone with sappy romantic dramas. I dug into an almost empty chip bag, salt scratching against my paws. I grunted. All of the conflict in the show had been thrown away, and the couple gets married.
"What realism..." I scoffed, sitting upward and throwing away the empty bag. I sat through a week of commercials before Digby came into the room.
"Iz? What're you doing?" He asked before actually taking a good look at my surroundings. "Oh.. are you on your p-"
"No, Digby." Impatience was already tugging at my shirt.
"Then what kind of hurricane went off in here?" I heard him chuckle softly to himself.
"I'll clean up later, I promise."
"Is this just you revealing who you truly are? Does mayor (Y/n) know about 'Isabelle the slob'?"
"Shut up Digby!" I shouted, throwing a pillow directly into his face. He laughed even harder than before, picking up the cushion and tossing it back to me.
"I'm just picking on you. But you've gotta admit, that's the weirdest amount of food any dog could ever consume." I flushed in shame. He was right, I had like 78 of these chip bags. "Lay off, chubby bunny." It was then that he bolted out of the room, barely escaping my wrath.

Once I'd returned to my only electronic friend, a new show had already started. An unfortunate female official was arguing with her president consort, the problem wasn't stated, but she eventually dropped her ring and stormed out. I found myself listening profoundly. It was hard for them to spend time with one another, and they had constant disputes about endless decisions.

I cut off the television only minutes into the film.

Time Skip

     I'd spent the rest of my weekend contemplating what I wanted. I knew of course, but I was it the right choice? (Y/n) does work a lot, and his breaks consist of collecting funds for our town.

Would I be able to be happy with someone like that?

     I frowned. He'd feel like it's his responsibility to be there for me at all costs, I'd become a burden. Knowing that, even though he'd be mine, I would become unhappy as well. I stopped in the middle of the path, blocking my way to work.
The world had become unbelievably dull.
     I entered the Town Hall, (Y/n) had redecorated the inside, with my consent of course. It'd become very cozy with deep reds and chestnut browns. I trudged slowly to my desk, setting down my stuff and sitting down. Something felt a lot plusher, and I noticed a forest green silk pillow behind me. Before further questioning, I spotted a tag hanging off the corner. It read:

"For my favorite secretary~"
- (Y/n)

     I felt an out of place pinch of aggravation. The room was growing brighter, my feelings stretching alongside them. I removed the card from the pillow and set it on the side of my desk. Out of the corner of my eye, a rushing mayor was engaging this very room. I was trying not to smile.

     "Good morning Belle! Do you like the new place?" (Y/n) sang as he hurriedly entered the hall.
     "Yes! It's very homey." Already, I was grinning like a complete doofus. He seemed pleased with my answer, and strode to the end of the room.
     ".... thank you for the pillow, (Y/n)." I said.
     "No problem! You deserve it." My heart was beating at an unnecessary pace. I was trying to just be happy being by his side, but my heart says otherwise. A relationship with (Y/n), just doesn't seem possible. It's sounds so grand, but I know what it could.. what it can do to us. It'll rip us apart and leave our love for dead.

However, I cannot accept that.

     "H-hey (Y/n).."
     "Hmm~?"
     "You're really amazing, y'know that?" He didn't laugh, in fact he was surprisingly silent.
     "W-why thank you! I try..." He said in an outburst of pride, but it faded rather quickly. I'd embarrassed him.

     The fact left me with an evil satisfaction.
     "What're you working on?" (Y/n) babbled about how he couldn't put any work projects on the beach. He wanted something else besides his vibrant path of shells and yellow flowers.
     "(Y/n), the beach may be very long, but it's literally four feet wide." I giggled as he turned red and puffed out his cheeks.
     "That's plenty of space, Belle! I just don't know why I can't put anything down there!" He complained before going back to his business, grumble-whispering to himself. I'm surprised he's not done revamping the town, it's beautiful enough if you ask me. I shrugged it off as another charming quality.
     "Amazing indeed." I whispered to myself, feeling a bit of shame for pursuing someone so off limits. There have been all these signs telling me it's a no-go, yet I'm deciding to ignore them. I sighed into the air. "My actions are going to come back to bite me, aren't they.." I muttered almost inaudibly.

Authors Note

Can you guys believe it?! I had this chapter done by Monday but forgot to post it!!!

LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
MY BEAUTIFUL STREAK IS RUINED! AHHHHHHHHH!

I hope you enjoyed, chapter next Monday if my brain doesn't screw up again.... I hate myself...