Entry 16 ~ ♡Professional Partners♡

Isabelle's POV

The lollipop rested uncomfortably in my paw. I kept glancing at it, spinning it around, fidgeting. I had such unsettling thoughts back at the Town Hall. I looked up towards the sky, the sun resting into a sea of amber and purple. Residents were still bounding about, chatting restlessly about who knows what. It made me long for a conversation with someone, anyone. I want to vent, cry, let everything out.

The lights of my house came into view, moths fluttering around the glow. I unlocked the door and stepped inside, removing my belongings in a slow, effortless manor. With no motivation, I made my way to our living room in hopes of binge-watching more trashy dramas that I seem to have taken quite a liking to. However, I knew that my chance was taken the moment I heard coaches shouting just outside the entrance.

Digby.

With high optimism that I could convince him to leave, I sat beside him with a grin on my face.
"What's up, Iz?" He said, giving me a quick glance before looking back towards the television. I was about to make up something to induce him, when something hit me. Here lies someone probably willing to listen to my problems if I tell them that something's bothering me. I twiddled my fingers around, now embarrassed to so much as open my mouth.
"Uh... Digs.. do you mind if I.. talk to you about something?" The TV shut off before I even finished my sentence, and Digby was facing me, eyes glued to mine.
"Fire away, I'm all fluffy and muffly ears." I smiled softly.
"H...how do you feel about a... relationship between two officials?" His pupils contracted in shock.
"Y-you see I.... saw it on one of those shows I was watching and I was wondering what you might think of it!" I quickly added. Digby looked away from me, deep in thought. Soon he exhaled and shut his eyes.
"I think it's incredibly unbecoming but it's not completely improper. You have a job to do, why are you making goo-goo eyes at your business partner?" He began, frowning. I tensed, already prepared to end the conversation.
"However, people have attractions, and it can't always be helped... but it is a little unprofessional to just start going steady with someone you're working with. It'll distract you from what's important. It's honestly best to just avoid a relationship with any of your coworkers." He ranted. I'm shaking, praying he doesn't notice.
"It makes you look so incompetent! Don't let your stupid hormones take over your job." My eyes glossed over, and the trembling just wouldn't stop.
"Well maybe that's a little harsh. Love is love I suppose. It just seems a little weird to me is all." He gave me a small smile, as if that justified everything that he said.
"T-thanks Digs... I thought.. I thought the same thing. Hah.." I hurriedly stood up and ran to my room.

     Once the door was closed I dropped to the ground, gripping my chest and slowly rocking myself until the quivering ceased. I don't know why I'm crying, why I feel so scared. Is that really how Digby sees it? I wiped my teary eyes and stood up, making my way over to my closet. I pushed away the green curtains to reveal my clothing and cosmetics. I reached in and pulled out a box near the back. Lifting it up, I admired the cherry design, remembering the day I received this box. The memory managed to make me smile, but it faded when I opened it. The veil I bought during my first outing with (Y/n) sat neatly on top of other reminiscences. I slowly removed it and held it out in front of me.
     The way he looked at me replayed in my mind constantly, my heart ready to implode. I feel so confused, I want to run away from all of this. I'm so sick of this unsatisfying feeling, yet I find myself running back for more.

Do I even know what I'm doing?

     I'm the one keeping myself enclosed in this membrane of pain, blinding myself. I thought that if I just accepted the possibility of our relationship being somewhat incomprehensible, we could still work. But really, I just brushed them off because I wanted him and nobody else mattered. Now I'm not even considering his feelings anymore!
     I realized that I was harshly gripping the veil, and tears were now streaming rapidly down my face. I glanced over at my trashcan, the sliver gleam enticing me to toss items I no longer have a use for. My eyes trailed down to the veil, then back. I made my way to the disposer, holding the veil over the top, ready to rid of my feelings in one easy swoop.

But I just couldn't let him go.

     The sun gleamed, sending a blinding light straight into my eyes. I cursed it, covering my face before yawning quietly. I was restless last night, not tossing and turning, but incredibly still. It was my brain that was bustling about, unable to settle down. Unending thoughts pushing me away from slumber. The recurring reflections of (Y/n) and my relationship left me in a very emotional state. I made sure my appearance was the same in order to avoid questions, but I had no desire to walk or do anything productive for that matter.
The Town Hall quickly came into view, but something else unfortunately caught my attention. It was (Y/n) and Rosie. They were only talking, but all of my bad emotions were wriggling, fluttering about in my stomach like poisonous butterflies. Rosie's a bundle of peppy joy for him to lean on after a stressful day at work with his clumsy, nonsensical secretary. I'm done trying to look past all the flaws our love will have, and attempting to win him over is just selfish at this point.
It was like saying goodbye. I gave them a final pleading gaze, then continued on to work.

I sat down at my desk in the Town Hall, pretending I didn't feel the comfort of the silk green pillow he gave me. Because it was around 9:26, I knew he'd be entering soon. I hated myself for desperately adjusting my schedule in order to match his.
"Morning Belle~!" I was enraged. Instantly, I found happiness upon hearing his voice. Looking up, I noticed he was smiling brightly. With as much effort as I could muster, I falsely simpered back at him. "Good morning, Mayor (Y/n)."

Authors Note

I DID ITTTTT! YAAASSS!
You there, shush, no complaining. I gave no specificity on when I would be updating, therefore I am totally not at fault.... right?
Pleasedonthurtme

I hope you're not too mad about the ending of this chapter, good things will come, I promise! I believe that Isabelle is a character that tends to overthink things. Take that into consideration.

See you next time!!!