♡ The Wedding ♡

It needed to be done. Enjoy!
❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀

I'm freaking out more than I should be, a lot more than I should be.

     Why are my paws so sweaty?
     Why do I feel like screaming?
     Why do I want to flee from this church and never look back?

Well, that last one definitely isn't true. I want to be with him, I want to know we're going to spend the rest of their lives together.
Still, I'm restless, a wreck, a mess, and everything I've always been so this shouldn't really be an issue but it is. I grip the veil in my hands tightly, hoping the memory of its introduction into my life will soothe me. It doesn't, and I find myself spending the next two minutes whispering harsh reassurances to myself in vain.
     There's a light knock on the door, startling me out of my worrisome trance.
"Isabelle? I'm coming in, okay?" The door is slowly opened, white, powdery ears peeking into the room. Rosie's complete form enters soon after, adorning a pale green dress that fell smoothly and eventually ruffled at her feet. A flower crown of white roses lay idle atop her head, my favorite addition to the ensemble.
"Oh, Rosie! Hello, did you need something?" I tried my hardest to seem joyful, but my paws were a quivering mess in my lap, and I couldn't meet her sparkling eyes.
     "No, I'm all set!" She said smugly, swaying in her frock and grinning as if she knows it suits her. "However," Rosie dragged out, eyes becoming serious and posture stiff. "I think you need something." She walked over, positioning herself behind my seat and having me face forward, forcing me to stare into the mirror of the vanity. Rosie's smile softened, and I couldn't help but feel envious of how calm she was.
"It's okay to have cold paws you know.. though you may be taking it to a higher level, but you get what I mean." Rosie has me remove the nearly unyielding hold I have on my veil so she could flatten out the creases and allow it to fall loosely down my back.
A sigh escaped my lips. "I know. I'm happy, really, but I can't help feeling this way." I rest my face in my paws. "I'm hopeless, aren't I? I can help run a town but I can't even get married."
"Yeah that's pretty bad," Rosie agreed with a light giggle. "Buuut, the second you step out there, everything you just said and felt will be history."
"What do you mean?" She laughed again, removing my paws from my face and having me look up again.
"You know, you've always been a little slow, but you always catch up! I like that about you, and so does (Y/n)." My brows furrowed. I could've sworn I've heard that from her before.
"Oh Isabelle, you dwell too much on what could go wrong without even realizing it. Think about right now. You're about to walk down that isle looking like a queen, marry the love of your life, then live in a castle. I don't know about you, but I don't see anything wrong with that." Rosie shrugged as the remainder of her speech escaped her with ease.
She was right. It's natural to be scared, but there's nothing to really worry about. (Y/n) will be there waiting for me, to melt my nerves, to smile at me from the altar as I approach. I try to imagine that very smile, how it'll stretch to both beautiful, coffee-like eyes and tear into me, knocking down every wall, inviting every last ounce of joy.
"Okay, okay. You're right, I can do this." Rosie let out a victory squeal and pulled me from my seat.
"You'll do great. Don't trip on your way down, flash that million dollar smile, say your vows with pride, and aim the bouquet at me when you toss it," she ordered with a playful edge before turning and skipping out of the room, leaving me with a grin and a still pounding heart.

✿ • ✿ • ✿

     He's all I see the moment the doors open. Yes, I'm aware of all the animals and minimal humans around me, but they're all a blur.
     My arm was secure around Digby's, and I'm sure he was the one keeping me steady because my knees were shaking with fear and anticipation. (Y/n) had me dealing with all sorts of emotions. He was merely standing, beaming and not once breaking his gaze, but that was enough to send my mind reeling.
     I caught a glimpse of Rosie and the other bridesmaids, Chrissy, Tangy, and Apple. When Rosie noticed she winked at me before getting elbowed by Chrissy.
     Before I knew it, he was right in front of me.
"You ready?" He said with a twinge of understandable excitement as he took my hands in his. I'd known a long time ago I was ready, but looking at (Y/n) now, dark tux to match dark eyes and clash against a bright smile, I knew I was more than ready and didn't falter when I replied: "Yes."
His vows were short and simple, given he'd poured his heart out to me the day he asked for my hand, but I still teared up. I had to close my eyes for just a second, because maybe this wasn't real. Maybe I was still dreaming, pitifully wishing as I gazed into the night sky. Maybe Tortimer was still lazing away in his chair, using town funds to buy take out and pushing every form he was to look over onto my desk. When my eyes opened, (Y/n) was ready to meet me, to say I'm here, there's nothing more to hope for, you have everything you need right here. And I did.
"Coo. You may kiss the bride." (Y/n), literally, swept me off my feet before pressing his lips to mine. The cheers of all the residents of (T/n), Digby, Mr. Nook, and even (Y/n)'s parents were muffled and I put everything into the man holding me.

     We ran from the church hand in hand, ducking as a plethora of petals rained down on us. Kapp'n was waiting for us at the end in a shiny black car that (Y/n) claimed he'd used back when he lived in the city.
     Before we left, of course, I had to toss my bouquet. I made sure not to be too obvious when I gave Rosie a glance before turning around. Their immediate silence made me laugh.
     For the one and only wedding I'd been too, I didn't even try to move towards the flying bundle of red roses and pink and white carnations. If anything, I caught it with my confusion. Then, I had given up on imagining a future of happiness. To attempt to catch it would be meaningless to me, as I never saw myself as one to get married even if I wanted to, which I did, but I'd locked any dreams away. When that one deer caught it and stared at the vibrant blooms in naive awe, I looked away with a frown.

     "I GOT IT! In your face Chrissy!" Rosie screamed in intense delight, waving the bouquet in circles roughly.
     "Rosie.. you're destroying it," she replied with more concern than jealousy. Rosie paused then, realizing she was surrounded by white, yellow, and red petals.
    "Oh."
     I shook my head and turned back to (Y/n), who told Rosie that he's sure the tradition would still work and she'll be the one to marry next. She'd given the crushed bouquet a determined look, but the second she realized it Rosie and the other bridesmaids rushed us off.
     The car had been decorated with lilies, and golden bells hung off the bumper. (Y/n) opened the door for me, and helped the long skirt of my dress into the back seat beside him.
     "Is there anywhere special you want to go?" (Y/n) asked, taking my hand as the engine started.
     "Home. I want to go home," I began, laying my head on his shoulder. "I want to put on baggy clothes and eat ice cream and stay up watching cheesy romance movies."
     "I think I can manage that. Anything else?" His voice was soft, and I felt his hand squeeze mine.
     "Hmm.. I want to be with you. Does that work?" I teased, chuckling as (Y/n) rolled his eyes.
     "Of course that works. Were you even paying attention to what just happened?" He nodded towards my hand that now adorned a diamond ring.
     "Nah. I was too focused on you. Pretty sure your eyes shine brighter than this does anyways," I said causally, smiling slyly when his cheeks briefly flushed that of a daylily.
     "I love you." (Y/n) unlaced our fingers and took my face between his hands instead.
     "I'd be worried if you didn't." Fortunately, I wasn't given the chance to laugh before he kissed me yet again.

❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀
Authors Note

Entry 25, Isabelle's Happy Ending

I figured since this story was still getting lots of love and support even after I finished it, I decided to make their wedding. A wedding to mark the end of a story, and the beginning of whatever the heck Isabelle and her new husband plan to do.. maybe travel to Italy or something idk
ALSO— I know that usually the father of the bride walks them down, but I know nothing of Isabelle's parents so Digby did it instead :3

THANK YOU FOR READING AND FOR THOSE WHO CAME BACK TO THIS STORY BECAUSE IT UPDATED!

Much love from your author <3
Bye~