Entry 10 ~ ♡A Tough Spot ♡

❤︎Things To Know❤︎

1. (T/n) = Town Name
2. (N/n) = Nickname

~Enjoy~
~~~~~~~~~~❤︎~~~~~~~~~~

Isabelle's POV

I walked side by side with (Y/n), my imagination weaving our hands together. (Y/n) trotted happily across the crunching grass, humming the very tune (T/n) is known for. The notes danced about in the air, free. I took in the vast amounts of sunlight, enjoying his harmonic tune.
"Nice out, isn't it?" He said, almost to himself. I replied with a simple yes. I can't find it in me to act properly, something's chipping away at me. I realized that love's a heavy burden, and it's hard to appreciate your surroundings, no matter how beautiful. (Y/n) popped another conversation starter:
"How've you been, Belle?" I could hear the nervousness in his voice, but not in the way you might think. You could say he was worried that I might be in an upset mood, considering the question.
"I-I've been well, thank you for asking." As my heart accelerated, I wondered why all of this pent up pain could be easily shattered, by just one flicker of light? I glanced at him, bounding up the path he built.
The polished caramel building came into view, I remember that disagreeable green sign above the door. Our lovely mayor had surrounded the shop with a gorgeous arrangement of bushes and white lilies. There's even a bench placed conveniently outside of the café, for the sole purpose to enjoy coffee in pleasant weather. (Y/n) opened the door for me, a reasonable amount of courtesy thick in his voice.
"Thank you, kind sir, would've been appreciated." He said jokily, striding up to Brewster. "Two please, Robusta!" I made my way to two seats in the right of the room, sitting in the farthest chair. My eyes were drawn towards the window, and I overlooked everything (Y/n) had brought us. From extensive life to the purest of emotions that continue to bubble inside me. I looked back to him, and my world grew brighter.
"For you, my beloved associate." (Y/n) placed the piping java in front of me, a dollop of whipped cream sat on the dark brown liquid, even cinnamon had sprinkled itself onto my joe.
"Thank you... kind sir." I teased, and I was rewarded with his beyond enchanting smile. Watching him felt creepy afterwards, but at the time I found myself unable to help it. I was unsure if it was my own lovesick blindness that saw him as perfect, or maybe I was right all along.
"Belle!" I heard him whine. "Your tower of goodness of melting!" As he said, the "tower" was beginning to sink slowly. A pleased expression was sewn onto my face. That part of him is still there, so frolicsome and true. Always bringing out the best in anyone who's lucky enough to encounter him. Though it's selfish, I want that part of him to be mine, as well as everything else.
     (Y/n) went on about his life in the city, how it was a continuous cycle of work. He questioned me about mine before he arrived.
     "Similar to yours, actually. I never got a break, and always filled in for our previous... well I don't believe Tortimer deserves that title." (Y/n) commented that I always spoke sternly about him. I found myself flushing, and he only strengthened that action by calling me cute. The happiness ended momentarily, for I knew he was being platonic. I'd find my way to his heart, and the buzz in my chest would finally be satisfied. The only thing stopping me were my unfavorable nerves and uncertainty.
     "(Y/n), I began, "... w-why don't we do this again sometime?"

     We exited, (Y/n) smiling brightly.
"That was nice, huh?" He said, leaning towards me, only to pop back up.
     "Yes! Thank you so much (Y/n)." He seemed to relax, features brightening.
     "I like you a lot." My heart sang, turning up the corners of my mouth. If he could hear all that I had to say, would I be relieved or mortified? The answer was clear as day.
I didn't know if our little jaunt was over, but (Y/n) kept beside me, stopping every few feet to either admire his creations, or water flowers that I've never seen before. He said they were hybrids.
"Ah! It's (N/n)!" A cheerful voice exclaimed. The owner skipped over to us, a cerulean cat with dark blue hair and dusted white aspects. "Isabelle too? Today must be my lucky day!" She was very peppy and kind, but something was bothering me.
"(N/n)...?" I questioned, hoping it didn't mean what I thought.
"Oh! It's (Y/n)'s nickname! We came up with it together!" He nodded, a grin more genuine than any other I'd seen him make. (Y/n) never told me about his life outside of work, and how come I don't get to call him (N/n)? Maybe we're not as close as I thought.
"Anyways, it's the wondrous eighth of August! Do ya know what that means?" Of course, a day for everyone to enjoy shaved ice, I happen to own a calendar with every single event.
"I thought your birthday was in February!" (Y/n) gasped, astounded.
"No silly, it's time for us to enjoy some shaved ice!" Magically, the feline conjured three bowls of shaved ice, a different color staining each portion. Mine was blue, (Y/n)'s green, and the mouser's red... something was awfully familiar about her, and I thought it foolish I didn't recognize her before. It was a week ago, during my expedition inside (Y/n)'s bedroom. There was a picture of this very cat on his dresser, symbolizing personal importance. I believe her name was Rosie.

It was easy to identify what I was feeling, but I would never admit it. I wanted to speak roughly to her or politely ask to leave, but (Y/n)'s outside-of-office company is a rare occurrence for me.
They were best friends, chatting endlessly. Of course, (Y/n) being the gracious man he is, gave me the time of day as well. Our conversations weren't nearly as long though, leaving me to feel resentful.
"Pew. That was good. Thanks a lot Ro!" Ro. So she has a nickname from him too.
"Anytime (N/n)!" Just her saying it felt like a deep gash had been swiftly sliced into my chest. It doesn't make sense. It's just a creative name, yet I feel so rotten about it.
"Isabelle?" I half expected her to say Belle, but she doesn't have that right. "I hope to hang out with you and (N/n) again!" I smiled, it was fake.
"You too, Rosie. Thank you for the ice." She returned my smile, I could tell it was real.
"Welp! I have things to do today! Catch you later Belle!" (Y/n) hopped up and sprinted down the path, I slightly reached out after him, silencing a "wait!". Rosie stood up too, she stretched before looking towards me. Her smile faded, and I was left with a gaze of solid boredom. I couldn't tell what it meant, and yet I felt frozen in place.
"You're slow, Isabelle." She mumbled, but I didn't hear her.
Quickly, she romped away, a physical act that completely clashed with what her face read. I wasn't last to leave, I didn't get up at all. I sat there and listened to the frustrated cicadas. I kept having to ask myself:

Was I happy to spend time with (Y/n) today? Or angry that we even went out at all?

The flourishing beads of light that (Y/n) would fill my heart with were fading. An inky black hand would snatch handfuls of the radiant orbs, molding them into a form opposite of their brilliance. However, if you looked past all of the corruption, you'd soon find a faint glimmer of determination.

Authors Note

I'm a woman of my word~

No but seriously this is probably not going to last... I'll try my best though, I promise!

Why is this story slowly becoming edgy and sad...? Lol cuz that's how this kind of story works. Our beloved Isabelle will continue to see the world in shades of gray until she takes matters into her own hands, which I might add, she's never done before.

PLEASE TELL ME IF MY STORY IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND! I tend to relate to other things instead of getting straight to the point. Like the ending, I'm basically saying that Isabelle will slowly realize that she doesn't want give up on our charming mayor, and will gradually win him over with a great amount of persistence.

Update next Monday... maybe...
Sayonara~