Entry 20 ~ ♡A Coward on Christmas♡

Tbh, last chapter was trash, so let's make a better one, yeah?
Okay, cool.
❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀

Isabelle stared longingly at the giant decorated tree in the plaza. Each light twinkled brightly like an array of decorative stars. She wondered how (Y/n) managed to put anything on the tree, given the height difference. Isabelle imagined his ambition, getting a few villagers help hoist him up there. They'd all fall on the first few attempts, but (Y/n)'s encouragement would keep them going, until eventually, they prevailed. A smile worked its way onto Isabelle's face.
     "I wonder what he's doing right now." She thought.

     "I can't wait to see Jingle!" Isabelle perked up, looking towards the voice.
     "Yeah! I hope to get a years supply of donuts!" Stitches sang happily, skipping next to Chrissy.
     "What? They'll mold before next month!" Chrissy informed, scrunching up her nose.
     "I'd eat them all in one day." He said smugly and Chrissy failed to hold back her look of disgust.
     Isabelle's smile fell. She had given (Y/n) a gift of course, but she'd had to pretend it was out of courtesy than out of love. She sighed and looked back to the many ornaments, trying to ignore the depressive aching in her heart.
     After a while, the cool air grew stronger, so she decided to begin her trek home.

     You could tell the town was excited about Toy Day. Villagers bustled around the campfire on a daily basis, sipping on hot cocoa and loudly singing carols. (Y/n) had adorned the paths with red flowers and holly bushes. The street lamps seemed much brighter tonight, snow piling on top of them.
     Isabelle strolled calmly towards her house, taking in the night and occasionally breathing out icy vapor. She found herself stopping in front of the Town Hall, without even realizing it. As she reached for the door, she came to her senses, pausing midway. What was she doing here? As the thought passed through, (Y/n)'s face seemed to appear before her. Isabelle's mouth curled into a frown.
"I'm hopeless," she said almost jokingly. It was then that the door opened, a perplexed faced (Y/n) stood at the entrance.
     "I saw you standing out here; do you need something?" Isabelle stared at him, dumbfounded.
     "Mayor!" (Y/n) winced.
     "I just came to say.. uh... have a happy Toy Day..?" Isabelle sputtered, internally facepalming afterwards. (Y/n) smiled sweetly, the cold breeze sifting through his hair. Isabelle tried not to swoon.
     "Thanks Belle, you too." Isabelle shifted uncomfortably.
     What do I do now? Do I just... leave? She thought as they gazed at each other. Eventually, (Y/n) bore his eyes away from hers, slowly going pink in the face. He cleared his throat.
     "WELL! It's uh.. kinda cold out so... you should.. uhm... head home."
     "Right... don't work too late, enjoy your holiday. Goodnight, mayor." Isabelle requested with a faltering grin.
     "Will do! Goodnight." (Y/n) closed the door as she walked away

✿ • ✿ • ✿

(Y/n) held onto the handle for a while. He wanted to open it back up and call out to her, but what would he do after that? He'd be stuck at a loss for words, and overall look like a complete fool. He replayed the imaginary scenario in his head, grimacing to himself.
(Y/n) turned around, leaning against the door. He slid down until he reached the floor, running a hand through his coffee-colored hair.
It was confusing, what he was experiencing. He disliked it greatly. The feeling would creep up on him, hiding in the shadows until it eventually pounced. It would claw at his emotions, altering the happiness to bitterness.
     (Y/n) is someone who rarely comes in contact with resent. He was the sun in training, a beacon of light that's always beaming. His whole life he's been independent. He thrived off the joy of others. But Isabelle, her happiness could completely fulfill him. He adored her smile, her stuttering, and even her clumsiness. Most of her seemingly bad qualities were endearing to him. Of course, he'd never show it. Subtly, maybe, but not enough to provoke questioning.