Chapter 25: Madness

(Chapter 24 & 25 were a double update. Make sure you're on the right chapter, lovies!

Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat: katrocks247

POST YOUR BEST COMMENT AND I MIGHT POST IT ON MY INSTAGRAM/TWITTER LOL!!! (COMPLIMENTS MY WAY ARE SUGGESTED BUT NOT REQUIRED??? LMFAO)

P.S- CURRENTLY WORKING OUT A CONTRACT WITH THE EDITOR OF ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOK SERIES "THE KING'S TRILOGY" BY MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF TO WORK ON DEATH IS MY BFF REWRITTEN TYSM GUYS FOR SUPPORTING ME YEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* * *

Bonjour! If you did not read my note, you suck, and I tricked you by not using bold! LOL. I have updated TWICE! Make sure you are on the right chapter!* <3

You won't risk my life in Limbo, but you'll risk my right now, I thought and wondered if Death had heard it. Maybe Leo was right. Maybe this was your intention all along. But why?

"Don't you get it, cupcake?" Death whispered out loud. "I'm the only one seeing things clearly, here. This is your chance to keeping breathing. You're as good as dead in Limbo, and he's too hell-bent on getting Sarah back to see that. I'm doing you a favor, here. He won't want you to go with me if he knows you're even more valuable to him. Just touching the damn thing will make you more of a holy grail than you already are."

"Gee, if only I knew why. As if you really care about my safety."

"I do...sometimes. And I've already told you what you are plenty of times."

"Maybe in riddles. Maybe in your thick head!"

We started to whisper quickly, as if at any moment, Devin would return.

"Just trust me on this, Faith," Death said. "I wouldn't let you do this if I was not certain. You're much better off here than in the Other Worlds.

"I've never touched that book, Death," I continued. "You lied to him."

"Perhaps I lied, but you can touch the book."

I narrowed my eyes. "And how can you be so sure?"

"I'm not." He smirked, as if that was the perfect answer. "Sometimes I just have to trust my gut."

A gut is filled with souls of the damned and bunch of other untrustworthy things.

"What will happen if I can't touch that book with my bare hand?"

"Legend has it, it has a different punishment to each non-chosen who touches it. One time, I brushed my finger tip against it, and it burned me all over like a bucket of holy water on a nude vampire." He became greatly amused, something I hadn't seen in him in a while. "Hmm... I do hope it would reject you gruesomely, such as combustion from the inside. Isn't this fun?"

My stomach sank quickly like a stone thrown into a lake. "I'm not doing this," I hissed.

"Tell that to the Devil, cupcake. He's too pissed at me not to try this."

"This is your entire fault! You just couldn't let me go with you!"

"Quiet, sweet pea. I hear him walking back."

"What if I can not only touch the book, but I can read it?"

He only stared at me, grinning again.